-12volt on power supply acting weird and +12 in hwmonitor is weird and high idle cpu usage

Dr.Bob
Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

Yep garbage psu

Ive actually experienced the same thing, though in my case the 12v and 5v were like ~13-14v ~5.5-6v but 3.3v was at 2.8v

It caused my e5400 to run at ~1.7v on idle but on load it runs the voltage id expect (~1.55v) and this was an attempt at a 4.5ghz overclock

Swap your psu now before the stupid thing causes the cpu to run at 1.9v or some stupid sht like that

Got some bad auto settings on. Ryzenmaster when i overclocked my r5 3600 and needed to change a thing in bios. Made whole pc lag during stress test when it was normal before and got System interrupts using 5-10% CPU utilization idle and 90% usage on core 0 when it used max 1% before and even that was rare. On hwmonitor the 12v was at peak 9.8v during stress test when it read 11.9-12.1 normally before. Tested Psu wih multimeter 12v was 11.95 other voltages were good but I’m wondering if the dc/dc converters can lower the voltage?  From 11.9 to 9.8? And the -12v reading was -10.8V so I’m wondering if that’s used for anything? And I’ve tried multiple fixes for the system interrupts hasn’t worked : / so it may be my Psu acting up. It’s a cooler master master watt lite 600w 230v. Also on idle my cores taking 1.35-1.4v and 1.28v max on stress test and with of settings on in bios it drains 85w max and 83w average During stress test. Cannot send screenshots since I am too scared of turning on pc after all these issues. Is something broken?

Yep garbage psu

Ive actually experienced the same thing, though in my case the 12v and 5v were like ~13-14v ~5.5-6v but 3.3v was at 2.8v

It caused my e5400 to run at ~1.7v on idle but on load it runs the voltage id expect (~1.55v) and this was an attempt at a 4.5ghz overclock

Swap your psu now before the stupid thing causes the cpu to run at 1.9v or some stupid sht like that

MasterWatt Lite has a very verY veRY vERY VERY bad voltage regulation. Even for a groupregulated unit it's crap. I should replace it anyway.

24 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yep garbage psu

Thank you a lot my cpu idle voltage was at 1.4 I haven’t turned in my pc since the testing so everything okay. I’m going to swap it but got any tips? I don’t really care about power efficiency as long as it’s 80plus white or bronze as long as voltage regulation is good  and preferably 650w so I can use a better gpu without wattage concerns  but 600 is okay. Also my cpu may already have gotten a 1.9v spike cause system interrupts is at 5-15% usage without me doing anything other than applying default settings in ryzenmaster