Helio G95 and CPU's weird clock behaviour

Matiz_Nebula

Hello.

I purchased Realme 7 6/64 with a Helio G95 CPU and ran some benchmarks. In graphs from all PC Mark Work 3.0 tests, the CPU's frequency fluctuated between the 1.3 GHz and 2,05 GHz. That's what I would expect based on others'

results. Then I ran Battery Life 3.0 benchmark and was pleasantly surprised with the result (12+ hours).

Three days later I purchased Realme 7 8/128, ran the same benchmarks in the same configuration, and noticed that the CPU's frequency stayed flat at 2,05 GHz in each PC Mark Work 3.0 run. Based on the above, I assumed something was wrong, and when Battery Life 3.0 failed to hit 9 hours, I thought these two things are connected and the phone is faulty.

I am about to return the "faulty" 8/128 version, but for kicks I decided to re-run the benchmarks on 6/64 before I do that. And guess what? The CPU clock in 6/64 now also stays at flat 2,05 GHz during benchmarks. Between the two benchmarking sessions on 6/64, I didn't install anything new on the phone, other than updates to some Google apps.

Assuming one of these updates might have caused the clock to now get stuck at 100% frequency, I did a factory reset on 8/128, and without updating anything, I rerun the benchmarks - but the problem isn't gone, the CPU is stuck at 100% as well. Before I try the factory reset on 6/64 and need to configure everything from scratch, here are my questions:

• Is it normal for a CPU to stay at flat 100% during benchmarks, or is the variable frequency how it should work?
  • Assuming the latter, what do I do about that?

realme 664 - clock stuck at 100 percent.jpg

realme 664 - variable clock.jpg