Dead 2060 Super

Sephiroth720

Hey Everyone!

I've had something a little weird happen to me this afternoon. I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my PC for the first time and all of a sudden the game froze and the audio went nuts as is usual with a game crash but then I've reset my PC with the reset button and now my 2060 Super will not put out a video signal. (This card has NEVER been overclocked and never heats to over 70c while gaming)

So my troubleshooting is as follows: 

- Tried 2060 Super in different PC with same result (no video)

- Installed my backup GTX 960 4GB which boots fine (Also, All ram sticks are still working perfectly with XMP enabled @ 3000mhz & all other hardware is functioning fine when the 960 boots to Windows)

- Removed all but 1 stick of RAM & tried to boot with 2060 Super with no success (no matter which of the 4 sticks I tried and they all work as mentioned in the step before)

At this point I'm starting to think Horizon Zero Dawn has bricked my GPU for some unknown reason which is weird because it's definitely not the most GPU intensive game I play on my PC. Just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden crash in-game resulting in a permanent GPU death before ?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

8 hours ago, Sephiroth720 said:

Hey Everyone!

I've had something a little weird happen to me this afternoon. I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn on my PC for the first time and all of a sudden the game froze and the audio went nuts as is usual with a game crash but then I've reset my PC with the reset button and now my 2060 Super will not put out a video signal. (This card has NEVER been overclocked and never heats to over 70c while gaming)

So my troubleshooting is as follows: 

- Tried 2060 Super in different PC with same result (no video)

- Installed my backup GTX 960 4GB which boots fine (Also, All ram sticks are still working perfectly with XMP enabled @ 3000mhz & all other hardware is functioning fine when the 960 boots to Windows)

- Removed all but 1 stick of RAM & tried to boot with 2060 Super with no success (no matter which of the 4 sticks I tried and they all work as mentioned in the step before)

At this point I'm starting to think Horizon Zero Dawn has bricked my GPU for some unknown reason which is weird because it's definitely not the most GPU intensive game I play on my PC. Just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden crash in-game resulting in a permanent GPU death before ?

You need to get the card diagnosed by someone.  There are a few sites on youtube with people who can try to repair them.  Most common cause of these failures are a short to ground, VRM failures/death, and bad soldering issues.