This PSU fine?

BrrrFR

I just bought a used PC with an ASUS Z170 + i5 7600k + 1080ti + SSD Nvme all powered by a TECHWARE FREE SILENCE 650W PSU (.

I can't find information about this PSU anywhere. Even on the manufacturer's site there is very little explanation. I don't know who makes this product or the quality of its components. Also no idea on what is its maximum combined power 12V in W. Also I wonder if this power supply is not dangerous for this CPU and GPU.

Thank you for your help, your explanations and your advice. 

@BrrrFR Your question has been split out into its own thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

57 minutes ago, BrrrFR said:

I just bought a used PC with an ASUS Z170 + i5 7600k + 1080ti + SSD Nvme all powered by a TECHWARE FREE SILENCE 650W PSU (.

I can't find information about this PSU anywhere. Even on the manufacturer's site there is very little explanation. I don't know who makes this product or the quality of its components. Also no idea on what is its maximum combined power 12V in W. Also I wonder if this power supply is not dangerous for this CPU and GPU.

Thank you for your help, your explanations and your advice. 

That PSU should be removed, discarded and replaced at your earliest convenience.

BTW:  It says at the bottom of the page that the PSU only has 432W (12V * 36A).  That's hardly a "650W" PSU.  

Just now, --SID-- said:

How is the PSU connected to the GPU without having PCI e connectors?

MOLEX adapters probably.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

@jonnyGURU

I don't know anything about electric power. I didn't even know how to convert A -> W      P (W) = I (A) × V (V)  36A = 432W

Thank you 🙂

On the other hand, no information on the real manufacturer of this power supply, which third party list it could be part of and if it is really dangerous for the material ? 

13 minutes ago, BrrrFR said:

On the other hand, no information on the real manufacturer of this power supply, which third party list it could be part of and if it is really dangerous for the material ? 

Because it's DANGEROUS.  Nobody wants to take credit for it.

Seriously.... it's e-waste.

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Because it's DANGEROUS.  Nobody wants to take credit for it.

Seriously.... it's e-waste.

I understand correctly, but this is not a test, nor a purely factual element.

So that I make it understand to the person who sold me this material I need written certainties (origin, manufacturer ...) in order to prove to him that this material is dangerous. Because he tells me that he sells a lot of used PCs with this PSU and that he has no problem.  😞

This is that I was hoping that someone somewhere had done a full test with this PSU. Many PSUs have been tested here on this site, ranging from very high-end to very low-end and dangerous equipment.

Why do you have to prove him he's wrong?  He's making extra profit by using the cheapest PSU.  That's his prerogative.  He owes you nothing.  Just replace it and move on.

The techno-talk may be a bit more than you can understand, but this guy in Italy was having a lot of failures with the 500W version of your PSU and there's some healthy back and forth about it:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51040

This is just a terrible PSU in every way shape and form.

DSCN6501.JPG

DSCN6467.JPG

DSCN6468.JPG

20 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

This is just a terrible PSU in every way shape and form.

"Bu... B... But... It says Top Quality on the PCB it must be good for a 1080Ti"

-
The PSU Terrorist

LOL

324977993_Screenshot2021-09-01at20-14-05ThisPSUfine.png.0ebb57535851c6aad1119289cf7334f5.png