Flash Turing GPU?

Good morning.

I got my video card on sale 2 years ago and well it was what I could afford at the time without saving for another month. 2060 Super is a OK card but I wish it would deliver a few more frames. Overclocking wont get me far until I get power limited. Temps don't go above 71°C so it can do a little more if it had a little higher power limit I think (never had the fans run at 100% apart from testing). I have been looking for vbios but didn't find any until now. Device ID is the same, it support the Micron chips on my card and it raises the power limit from 219 to 269W. It looks considerable on paper but translating to performance how much can I expect the difference will be if I let it draw say 250W?

Also I have dual BIOS, even if flashing bricks lets say P mode BIOS I can still use Q mode right?

Is there a point to do something like this? I wouldn't if it had single BIOS but since it has dual and I only use Q mode anyway since P mode doesn't do anything for FPS. If I could flash it to 269W limit then that would change hehe.

I put link to the BIOS file and screenshot GPU-z if someone wants to have a look for me. Subsystem ID is different, could this be a problem?

EDIT: how much power can I draw with 8 and 6-pin PCIe power?

Card is 2060 Super ROG Strix Adv

PSU is Corsaair RM 650x

VBIOS I consider to flash  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/224880/224880

Current VBIOS in use  https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/221371/221371

Skjermbilde 2021-09-01 075832.png

38 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

It looks considerable on paper but translating to performance how much can I expect the difference will be if I let it draw say 250W?

Should be noticeable as long as bios values are edited properly. I cant talk much about Turing cards but there was a significant gain to be had with all previous Nvidia cards. 50w gets you significantly more overclocking headroom and more power headroom that your card will hold higher clocks at heavier loads. 

IIRC: 6 pin: 75, 8 pin 150w, PCIE slot: 75w. 

(that being said that I am pulling 150w off a 6pin with a 970)

38 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Also I have dual BIOS, even if flashing bricks lets say P mode BIOS I can still use Q mode right?

In theory yes. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

7 hours ago, Levent said:

Should be noticeable as long as bios values are edited properly. I cant talk much about Turing cards but there was a significant gain to be had with all previous Nvidia cards. 50w gets you significantly more overclocking headroom and more power headroom that your card will hold higher clocks at heavier loads. 

IIRC: 6 pin: 75, 8 pin 150w, PCIE slot: 75w. 

(that being said that I am pulling 150w off a 6pin with a 970)

In theory yes. 

Thank you. I'm gonna have to think this through in a market like this. Your wattage looks pretty similar from when I was using a single PCIe power cable.

3 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Thank you. I'm gonna have to think this through in a market like this. Your wattage looks pretty similar from when I was using a single PCIe power cable.

I am able to draw around 230W total on this card. Which is pretty much maximum I can pull with 6 pin and PCIE slot. Having 50-60w extra power limit headroom allowed me to increase my GPU clocks around 20% which is quite significant to say the least.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Levent said:

I am able to draw around 230W total on this card. Which is pretty much maximum I can pull with 6 pin and PCIE slot. Having 50-60w extra power limit headroom allowed me to increase my GPU clocks around 20% which is quite significant to say the least.

Sounds fantastic. Why oh why can't P mode raise the power limit a bit. All it does is remove the 0dB feature lol. If I knew for certain that I could use the Q mode if the custom BiOS is bad I'd be all over it haha.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

Well I took the plunge and the BIOS flashed ok. Rebooting with no issue so that's good. However the result was not as expected. Power draw was lower than stock. According to GPU-Z board power draw went down from 220+ to 110+W and power draw on the power input supported this, lower than it used to be. GPU chip power draw was also down significantly from 170-ish W down to 125W max. I'll just shut down now and boot up with the Q mode while I investigate.