Cpu cooler paste question

BulletSponge

I’ve got the cpu cooler that jayz2cents tested in this video 

I mixed some mx4 with the stuff that came with it which is a bad practice as people on Reddit say if I repaste it

should i use the stuff the came with it which looks good or should I wait 2 days and order attic mx4 and will the performance be much different t

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

48 minutes ago, Coruption said:

I mixed some mx4 with the stuff that came with it which is a bad practice as people on Reddit say if I repaste it

should i use the stuff the came with it which looks good or should I wait 2 days and order attic mx4 and will the performance be much different t

While nothing may happen with the "mixed" pastes, it's hard to say what could happen between the two. If it were me, I would repaste it and only use the one.

Performance between the two? Sure some people may claim there are only a couple degrees between thermal pastes, but a couple degrees is something. It all adds up. Personally I'd take whatever I can. You'll have to decide whether last little bit is worth another ~$10 to you.

With just a 5600X, the V5 can handle it with either paste. I used old fashioned Arctic Silver 5 with mine to cool my 9600k and it worked great. Just make sure you get a decent mount and you'll be fine; those 5 heat pipes are surprisingly effective.

I am using SYY-157, it is excellent 👌🏻

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

On 8/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, Coruption said:

which is a bad practice

Imagine mixing different detergents - they may work better together ans some may say they do, but  if they won't - you'll know about it too late.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, Coruption said:

order attic mx4 and will the performance be much different

I wouldn't say it will be exeptionally different maybe a few degrees yet this paste is easy to work with, non conductive and keeps it's properties for about five years guaranteed - what else could you wish for really

Futureproof your builds and try not to fry anything