Preventive Maintenance Approval

I was wanting to check if i was missing anything in keeping my computer up to snuff.

Daily: Microsoft Updates, Security (Antivirus) Updates, Security Quick Scan

Weekly: Manuel Backups, Delete Temp. Files & Fix Registry (CCleaner), Security Full Scan, ScanDisk, Chkdisk

Monthly: Update Non-Microsoft Software; Drivers & BIOs; Remove unused, expired, & demo software & games, Defrag, Check cabling

3 Monthly: Air Dust Computer Case, Datavac PC Case (3 or 6 Months)

Yearly: Router, Modem, & Printer Firmware, Purge system (Wipe PC or Advanced cleaning). Make inventory list of every component or part associated with your PC

Unfiled:, Clean Input/Output components (Disinfect). Printer Maintenance? Clean & reapply Thermal Paste

Yep, those are the list of things I don't ever do. Thanks man.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I can understand the 3 month dust cleaning part, but why so scheduled and complicated for this?

Hi Gottagame9000,

Well from what you have said there, no theoretically you will have a perfect system, if i may however try to save you some time. 

Microsoft will auto tell you when it needs to update, that itself is something I would therefore not run manually unless you are really keen. 

temp files and clean up like that i would move to once monthly. That again saves you time. 

yours,

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

I was wanting to check if i was missing anything in keeping my computer up to snuff.

Daily: Microsoft Updates, Security (Antivirus) Updates, Security Quick Scan

Weekly: Manuel Backups, Delete Temp. Files & Fix Registry (CCleaner), Security Full Scan, ScanDisk, Chkdisk

Monthly: Update Non-Microsoft Software; Drivers & BIOs; Remove unused, expired, & demo software & games, Defrag, Check cabling

3 Monthly: Air Dust Computer Case, Datavac PC Case (3 or 6 Months)

Yearly: Router, Modem, & Printer Firmware, Purge system (Wipe PC or Advanced cleaning). Make inventory list of every component or part associated with your PC

Unfiled:, Clean Input/Output components (Disinfect). Printer Maintenance? Clean & reapply Thermal Paste

Honestly, this is way overkill. Like nearly all of it. I agree with what Sir says above me.

Does your PC case have dust filters? If it does then you could just wipe those down instead of completely air dusting it.

As far as I can see you aren't missing anything though, I would suggest Malware Bytes scan, weekly is fine.

Monthly chkdsk and scandisk are unnecessary and a waste of time/resources/energy and disk writes. They are not maintenance tools, they are fixing tools.

Check cabling? You shouldnt need to ever do this unless you have been messing with something inside your PC. or something isn't working. Same goes for thermal paste. 

I'm an IT Technician, and I wish my systems were as maintained as this, but it takes too much time and a lot of it is overkill.

TL;DR

Looks good. Don't do these unless necessary - chkdsk/scandisk/reapply thermal paste/check cabling.

Pesky, is totally right, 

as far as it goes, everything you want to do is great, and i hope a mix of mine and Pesky's tips helps make things even smoother, but im sorry give it a couple of weeks, and that goes totally out of the window, i dont update half that much and my system runs 24/7 @ 4.6GHz at the moment, with ZERO issues :)

Yours, 

Sir DrowHunter.

Freelancing Since 2012