Difference between SP and AF?

BiggestFan
Go to solution Solved by Akolyte,

SP means static pressure, which means its optimized for pressure, or blowing hard in very confined spaces.  Such as a Radiator or CPU cooler.  AF stands for Airflow, its designed to bring a gentle breeze through, enough to get the airflowing in your case.  Such as a front fan or an exhaust fan. 

I was just wondering whats the difference between SP and AF. I was planning to buy new fans with red LED and I saw Corsair AF120 and SP120 (SP is without LED though).

Edit: Also, what does AF do wich SP not do and opposite?

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

SP means static pressure, which means its optimized for pressure, or blowing hard in very confined spaces.  Such as a Radiator or CPU cooler.  AF stands for Airflow, its designed to bring a gentle breeze through, enough to get the airflowing in your case.  Such as a front fan or an exhaust fan. 

SP Fans are static pressure optimized fans. Used in applications such as pushing are through heatsinks, rads and all that stuff where you need static pressure. If you want to use them on case fans get the AF Series (Actually i don't recommend Corsair Fans but hey they look fancy and if you don't care about the noise) if you want to use them on a heatsink of some sort get the SP Series. Also Static Pressure Fans are generally louder than regular airflow fans. 

lzaya Orihara, on 07 Apr 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

SP Fans are static pressure optimized fans. Used in applications such as pushing are through heatsinks, rads and all that stuff where you need static pressure. If you want to use them on case fans get the AF Series (Actually i don't recommend Corsair Fans but hey they look fancy and if you don't care about the noise) if you want to use them on a heatsink of some sort get the SP Series. Also Static Pressure Fans are generally louder than regular airflow

Alright thanks guys! I think ima buy some AF fans :)

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

Alright thanks man! I think ima buy some AF fans :)

Your very welcome!  I hope you like them :)