My mice suck

Hattori Hanzo

Hi,

I'm really frustrated with mice.

I have a Logitech G403. Why does anyone in their right mind coat a device that you use with your hand with something that will bubble and rub of from a little sweat from your hands?

The people at logitech couldn't even tell me if they have a mouse that doesn't have this issue.

I also have a Cherry Gentix. The mouse is obviously worse but also cheaper than the logitech one.

And has rubber on the side that will turn into goo in the span of a couple months.

I do not sweat from my hands a whole lot.

But I use my mouse extensively all day, every day.

Now. I'm looking for a mouse that is durable.

I don't want any coating or aid so I don't accidentally loose grip. No rubber pads.

I don't need a lot of fancy stuff.

No additional buttons.

I like cabled mice. I can't be bothered with switching batteries.

It should be an all around good mouse, should be usable in games, doesn't have to be a gaming mouse.

I don't care for lighting, RGB or additional software.

Bonus points for a braided cable.

This stuff bugs me so much, I tried to build a wooden body for a mouse.

Turns out I'm not a very good woodworker.

If anyone has a suggestion or recommendation, I really appreciate it.

Did I buy too cheap? Was I unlucky?

Today I found out that the mice made by Ducky are not available. (at least here in Germany)

I think 50 € or $ would be an ok price. But I'll pay more for a good product. Maybe not the 900€ that some wooden mice go for. (https://alestrukov.com/shop/tproduct/97166938-158396912355-aury)

Thank you for reading and for your reply.

Cheers.

mine too and it is a Razer (damned problems with double click instead of one)

whatever i bought i always got trouble after a period of two to three years 

but still Razer is a very good quality mouse but i hesitate to take glorious model o

You might be better of going with a honeycomb design type of mice, though they can develop creaking sounds after long term usage. I use a Glorious Model D myself with little creaking unless im really gripping hard. There is also the CoolerMaster MM710 and 720, Glorious Model O and O-, Xtrify M4, G wolves Skoll etc... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

@fred82 I'm happy that I'm not alone with this frustration. ❤️ 

@Skiiwee29 I thought the honeycomb design type was for weight reasons. Could you elaborate why honeycomb would be good?

I don't have any experience with them. But with all the hard to reach gaps I figured they would get filthy quick.

I will definitely check out all your suggestions. Thank you. ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, Hattori Hanzo said:

@fred82 I'm happy that I'm not alone with this frustration. ❤️ 

@Skiiwee29 I thought the honeycomb design type was for weight reasons. Could you elaborate why honeycomb would be good?

I don't have any experience with them. But with all the hard to reach gaps I figured they would get filthy quick.

I will definitely check out all your suggestions. Thank you. ❤️ 

The Honeycomb, which designed primarily for weight, does have its pros based on your needs. It has no silly coating on it primarily so its basically just plastic and nothing else. I personally use some Grip tape on my Model D and love it to death. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

• 4 months later...

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I'm still stuck on this issue.

I have been in contact with some of the mouse manufacturers.

I didn't reach out to these yet. But I would like your opinion on these first:

Does anyone have experience with Lioncast and/or endgame gear?

(Currently looking at LM50 E-Sports Gaming and XM1r Gaming)

Thank you.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, Hattori Hanzo said:

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I'm still stuck on this issue.

I have been in contact with some of the mouse manufacturers.

I didn't reach out to these yet. But I would like your opinion on these first:

Does anyone have experience with Lioncast and/or endgame gear?

(Currently looking at LM50 E-Sports Gaming and XM1r Gaming)

Thank you.

it seems that you're looking for a no frills kind of mouse, and that to me sounds like zowie, i would recommend you to look into the zowie C series of mice, as the older ones have really poor cables and is heavier.

I don't really know what type of games you perfer or what handsize you've got but, it usually goes something along the lines of:

if you like ergo mice, get the EC3-C
if you like symetrical: get the ZA12/13-C or S2-C (depends on grip)

Zowie usually has a shape for everyone, so try to go to an actual store and try them out.