Zaku II PC for new builder

Budget (including currency): under 2k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1440p strategy with light FPS, may stick with laptop for videoconferencing {predator w1060}, may consider some light mining/photo work as well.

Other details https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2h3M9N

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC 240 RGB 67 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-ZAKU (WI-FI) Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($248.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card
Case: Asus TUF Gaming GT301 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Gigabyte G32QC 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor
Total: $1134.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-12 16:47 EDT-0400

already have most of the Zaku II parts and HG gupla kit {thinking about upgrading} so substiute those for their unbranded parts in PC picker, I know a 3070ti would be much more in what I'm going for but worse for the red/black theme but Hard to find for less then 500$

Biggest point of alterations/consideration - should I do a different CPU? The higher capacity ram may bet better for photos but should I consider something faster down the road?

Been awhile since I worked much with the inside of a computer, anything to watch out for with this build?

Overall seems like a bad time to be doing this but the Zaku II caught my attention

3 hours ago, zoodog said:

should I do a different CPU?

5800X or 5900X would be good on the ryzen side (some future proofing). 11700/10700/10900 are good on the intel side. 5600X is good for now, but I don't know how long 6 cores will be relevant for.

Storage is mostly what I have found on sale with true 4th gen drive likely being stolen my PS5, Didn't list the 4 tb hard drive here as it is an afterthough an may enter an external closure.

Am thinking about the 5800x, was unsure but it sounds like there may be one more AM4 refresh before moving on in which case it may be better to wait till then to go higher end then. The 5600x and 5800x are not as new as they were but some deals are also starting to apper. Doesn't look like the 5800x would make a lot of difference with most games unless I also upgrade the GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Assembled everything but couldn't even get fans to spin.  Power supply passes basic testing and will spin with provied paper clip type tester. Bios flashback worked and red pulse come on motherboard when power connected.  Jumping or using power button has no effect. Going to see if I can get a full test on the power supply before pulling the chip out to return the motherboard. (may go with the non Zaku MB(seems the lest important part of the theming.

Seems like failure of the fans to even start is either the MB or Power Supply, not currently worried about other parts.

CPU became unseated when I put on the cooler the first time. Found out when I was about to send the board back, Seems to be working now but still dont have all the RGB set up.

• 1 month later...

Still struggling with the RBG on the AIO compoents, unsure what I need to do.