Building new pc

Huisku

So i have a 4690k right now and am planning to upgrade and saw this deal on a r7 3800xt for 270€. Is it worth it or not? There is Also a r5 5600x for 300€ so witch one should i get? 

There is Also a I5 10600k for 230€ and a I5 11600kf for 270€ and a 10700 for 300

2 minutes ago, Huisku said:

So i have a 4690k right now and am planning to upgrade and saw this deal on a r7 3800xt for 270€. Is it worth it or not? There is Also a r5 5600x for 300€ so witch one should i get? 

5600x is the better deal. 

what is the price of a 3700x? those perform basically the same as a 3800xt.

It is actually higher because its on discount the 3700x is 300€

So im upgrading from my 4690k and I am wondering if the 10700kf is better for 350€ or the 5600x for 300€

1 hour ago, Huisku said:

So im upgrading from my 4690k and I am wondering if the 10700kf is better for 350€ or the 5600x for 300€

Yeah, Ryzen would be better if thats the case. Only get the coffee lake and rocket lake CPU from Intel (both same thing basically) if they gonna massively undercut the price of the Ryzen 5000 series.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

If you arent overclocking dont bother with the k cpu and go ryzen

And why 10th gen?

Because 11th gen Costs about 100€ more and in that price range i could just get a r7 5800x

2 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah, Ryzen would be better if thats the case. Only get the coffee lake and rocket lake CPU from Intel (both same thing basically) if they gonna massively undercut the price of the Ryzen 5000 series.

Alright

• 2 weeks later...

So im planning on buying a new system and because of the gpu shortages im wondering if paring my old cpu with a 1080ti(4690k 16gb ram) or to buy a used 1060 3g and a 3700x or 5600x(same price for me) with 32gb of ram. Im gonna be mostly programming and playing games so wondering whats better Also if its the newer cpu witch should i go for. I can get a 3700x for 280€ a 3800xt for 300€ and a 5600x for 310€

Just buy a cheap gpu and overclock your cpu

Safe volts are around 1.45v and dont go over 90c, and if the gpu is lacking just overclock it aswell with msi afterburner

just save up for a better system instead of building one now

16 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just buy a cheap gpu and overclock your cpu

Safe volts are around 1.45v and dont go over 90c, and if the gpu is lacking just overclock it aswell with msi afterburner

just save up for a better system instead of building one now

Is 1..45v on a 4690k really safe? 

If you elect to get a new cpu, the 5600X would be a better choice of the 3 listed.

Is 32GB of memory really necessary?

Is using your current GPU in a new system an option?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, brob said:

If you elect to get a new cpu, the 5600X would be a better choice of the 3 listed.

Is 32GB of memory really necessary?

Is using your current GPU in a new system an option?

I do have one but its a gtx 580 and that just wont be enough and 32gb is not necessary but i would like to have The extra headroom for programming

There are too many unknowns to evaluate which, if either is a better option. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

20 minutes ago, Huisku said:

Is 1..45v on a 4690k really safe? 

Should be fine but maybe go for 1.4v instead for better temps, youll prob only need 1.45v if you are going near or over 5ghz

So im building a new itx case and I am wondering if i should change any parts of it. 

Cpu: 5800x (360€) could Also take 5600x for 300€ or 3700x for 300€)

Gpu: 1060 6g used (150€)

Motherboard: asrock b550 itx ac(130€)

Ram: 2x16gb 3200mhz(175€)

Jonsbo v9(70€)

Psu: sx650-g (100€)

Cpu cooler: msi mag core liquid 240r(110€)

A 5800x is difficult to cool.

The 240mm cooler may not be enough, not to mention being in Itx configuration. This would be a better suited setup for a 5600x IMO. 

Maybe look for some other case if you go itx with small psu. Nr200 has a nice side mount for aio:s and you can still fit 2x intake on bottom +2 exhaust on top.

Just now, Jeppes said:

Maybe look for some other case if you go itx with small psu. Nr200 has a nice side mount for aio:s and you can still fit 2x intake on bottom +2 exhaust on top.

The jonsbo v9 Also has 2 in 2 exhaust and I really want a glass side panel so i would have to mount the rad on The bottom either way

Take a look at the Phanteks P200a as well, it's a bit taller than the NR200 but almost the same footprint, and has a glass side panel and great airflow.

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Huisku said:

The jonsbo v9 Also has 2 in 2 exhaust and I really want a glass side panel so i would have to mount the rad on The bottom either way

Bottom mount is not optimal. I would honestly just go air-cooled with the nr200 if you need a window. Its not like that msi aio is even noticeably better than Fuma 2 or other under 155mm tall towers. The 360 model barely beats d15 and loses to 240 liquid freezer ii.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/msi-mag-coreliquid-360r-aio-cpu-cooler-review/5/

Just now, Jeppes said:

Bottom mount is not optimal. I would honestly just go air-cooled with the nr200 if you need a window. Its not like that msi aio is even noticeably better than Fuma 2 or other under 155mm tall towers. The 360 model barely beats d15 and loses to 240 liquid freezer ii.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/msi-mag-coreliquid-360r-aio-cpu-cooler-review/5/

The msi one has pump in the radiator so it will be fine bottom mounted

9 minutes ago, Huisku said:

The msi one has pump in the radiator so it will be fine bottom mounted

It will limit intake and does not perform great.

2 hours ago, Jeppes said:

It will limit intake and does not perform great.

From what ive seen it performs as a nh d14 and if it wont affect intake too much.