I'm lost. New Ryzen 5000 build BSODs, random restarts and frustration

ShadesOfWhite

Hi all. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

I've recently put together a new system comprising of the parts listed below. Although I have been fairly happy with the performance, it has been prone to a seemingly random blue screen or restart. At first I attributed these to the underclocks I was applying with PBO2 in the bios, but after disabling PBO I was still getting crashes. So I turned off XMP for my memory and my computer seemed more stable...until it wasn't, and it crashed again...and again. I'm not looking for a crazy overclock with this build. My aim is for it to run reliably with good thermals.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X

CPU Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i RGB Pro XT

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P

GPU: GTX 1070 (3080Ti arriving today)

RAM: 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200MHz DDR4

Storage 1: 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 M.2 (system drive)

Storage 2: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Case: Corsair 5000D

Fans: 7x Noctua NF-A12x25 (x3 intake, x3 AIO, x1 exhaust)

Display: LG C9 OLED TV

Thanks

Dave

First, do a Clear CMOS, load the default values and DO NOT OVERCLOCK.

Reseat the RAM and SSD drives as well as all power cables, disconnect ALL RGB.

Run memtest86 for several hours minimum.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

• 3 months later...

Sorry for reviving this inactive thread. Life got in the way and I didn't have a lot of time to look in to fixing this, but i'll let you know where I'm at.

I installed the 3080ti and continued using the system with PBO2 enabled to get that undervolt, but still had the occasional blue screen. I loaded optimized defaults and ran everything stock for a few days. No crashes, system was rock solid. I enabled xmp to get my ram up to speed and have been again, rock solid for around a month of use. Not a single blue screen. I've also undervolted my gpu in msi afterburner and it's running great. The only thing left to do is enable and configure PBO2 for a nice undervolt but i'm not sure how to configure it. I've seen some recent threads stating pbo isn't as great as it was initially thought, making systems unstable and what not. Has anyone seen a comprehensive guide on how to get the best out of your system using it? Also is there a link between pbo2 and memory errors?

David