Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just bought new psu and installed it but the pc keeps triping and restarting is there specific part or something that's causing this to happen where do I start to look?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A good place to start, list all relevant system specs, or peeps here would either be asking you for it, or making wild guesses since no info is available. These peeps aren't mind readers or miracle workers, you know, some info would help....

Rig 1: AMD AM4 R9 3900X (12C/24T) | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 8GB Patriot Viper RGB 3600CL17 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 (OS) | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD + 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD + 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO + 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G703 | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | LG SL8YG soundbar | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | 64bit Win10 Pro

Rig 2: Intel i7 3960X (6C/12T) | Asus R4E | 16GB Corsair Dom Plat 2133mhz | PowerColor RX VEGA 64 Red Devil | iOppo HA-1 | Philips HTL9100 soundbar | Caselabs M8 | Seasonic X-1250 | Mistel Barocco MD770 RGB + Logitech G502 | Samsung Acer XR341CK 21:9 75Hz Freesync | 64bit Win10 Pro

HTPC Rig: Intel i7 4770K (4C/8T) | MSI Z87 G45 Gaming | 16GB RipJawsZ 1600mhz | Leadtek GTX 1080 Hurricane OC | Tt View 31 | Corsair HX-1050 | Logitech G613 + G603 | Panasonic 65" UHD TV | 64bit Win10 Pro

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, when does it happen? How often? straight away? After gaming a while? More specifics required. 

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

Link to post
Share on other sites

I5 3470

Gigibite Gtx 1060 3gb

1×8gb and 1x4gb ddr3

H61 mb 

250gb ssd 

500gb hd

Cooler master 650w mwe 80 bronze  

 

The old psu died so plugged in a old spare that trip when running games and restarted happened twice then died got the new one and it trips about 5 sec after I start the pc then it restarts on its own and repeats 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cacoe said:

Also, when does it happen? How often? straight away? After gaming a while? More specifics required. 

 

1 hour ago, reinard.burger. said:

I5 3470

Gigibite Gtx 1060 3gb

1×8gb and 1x4gb ddr3

H61 mb 

250gb ssd 

500gb hd

Cooler master 650w mwe 80 bronze  

 

The old psu died so plugged in a old spare that trip when running games and restarted happened twice then died got the new one and it trips about 5 sec after I start the pc then it restarts on its own and repeats 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GamerDude said:

A good place to start, list all relevant system specs, or peeps here would either be asking you for it, or making wild guesses since no info is available. These peeps aren't mind readers or miracle workers, you know, some info would help....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×