Gaming KVM

zreed3

Budget (including currency): US$200.00 AUD$350.00

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Goal:

Hey, I have been a long time member of the LTT Forum, but lurk a lot more than I interact... sorry if I am posting in the wrong area or if this has already been posted.

I have just started a new job where I am am provided a work laptop with VPN and no other options to connect to the office. I also have a high performance (last gen) desktop and MacBook Pro 16inch (i9, 32GB, 5500M).

I am looking for a product that might not exist. I am looking for a KVM that I can use as a docking station for my two laptops AND have my desktop always hard wired into it. I am not worried about power delivery, just a it tired of having to shuffle keyboards.

My other idea was selling my current kit, getting a new monitor with thunderbolt + power delivery to connect my laptops and using a wireless keyboard and mouse to switch between 2.4ghz and Bluetooth devices. Just not sure how this would work with dual screens.

Windows supports multiple keyboards and mice on a system. If the laptops have sufficient usb ports you can use a regular kvm.

Presumably the laptops have an HDMI or display port for an external monitor.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

21 minutes ago, brob said:

Windows supports multiple keyboards and mice on a system. If the laptops have sufficient usb ports you can use a regular kvm.

Presumably the laptops have an HDMI or display port for an external monitor.

Work laptop has a single USB-C(Thunderbolt), Single USB-A and single HDMI...

Was thinking this morning and considering using a KVM for the Keyboard / Mouse and then plugged my devices directly into my monitor and manually switch between inputs.

I don't follow how plugging kbd and mouse into the monitor would work.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.