hi i was just wondering if anyone knew how to unlock the voltage controller on a acer spin 3 it has a i3 1005g1 that i’d like to under volt and i can’t find it in the bios.

18 hours ago, Ninjii said:

Acer has locked alot of there laptops due to the undervolting virus, i myself cant do any undervolting on my i7 10750h, though i can undervolt my other gaming laptop with a 9300h.

that’s disappointing, thanks for the fyi

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2021 at 6:36 AM, Ninjii said:

Acer has locked alot of there laptops due to the undervolting virus, i myself cant do any undervolting on my i7 10750h, though i can undervolt my other gaming laptop with a 9300h.

How did you undervolt your 9300h laptop, it's greyed out for me 🤦🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 10:53 PM, Ninjii said:

You have a 10th gen which pretty much every company has locked, i also have a i7 10750h which is also a 10 gen and i cant undervolt. 

My 9300h is a ninth gen, which oddly acer blocked, but its only blocked on xtu, but works on throttlestop.

Im thinking acer locked all 10th gen cpus.

You could try what the guy recommends in the video, you wont see a big drop in temps but mine did drop a bit on my 10750h.

Thanks, I will try that. I have Asus Vivobook F571GT with i5 9300H, GTX 1650 and 16 GB RAM in it. It's bad that Intel just removed an awesome feature to address a vulnerability without actually finding a better solution and doomed all it's users 🤦‍♂️