First time building pc.

JerVis

Budget (including currency): Roughly 1500 euro although My current combination ends up at 1576 euro, but thats fine.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I want a sort of future proof gaming rig that is able to run games like ARK, GTA, 7 days to die

Other details: The computer I am currently using is a asus laptop https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/472076/asus-asus-n751jx-t7200t/specificaties/  so i really want an upgrade since it is not able to run the games I want to play smooth enough enymore.

I want to use 2 monitors that are 1080p with a 60Hz refresh rate.

I don't know enough about computers to confidently pick the parts myself so a buddy of mine helped me put this list together. I hope I can get some feedback on the chosen parts and wheter or not you all think this will be a good pc for my application. I also really want to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother just to be sure.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15S

RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 (2 X 8GB)

GPU: INNO3D GeForce RTX 2060 Twin X2

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

Case: be quiet! PURE BASE 500DX

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11FM 750W

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

I just put my parts into pc part picker and got the following warning and notes. Does anyone have experience with these parts and can tell me if I should worry about these or if it is completly fine.

• Warning!Some AMD X570 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vermeer CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
  •  Note:The Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 700 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.
  •  Note:The Noctua NH-D15S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard.
  •  Note:be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port that can connect to the Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard USB 3.2 Gen 1 header. A separate USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 3.2 Gen 2 header adapter will be required.
  •  Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

7 hours ago, JerVis said:

Warning!Some AMD X570 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vermeer CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

This warning is there because the boards were released before 5000 series came out so the boards on the market were not up to date. Now that ryzen 5000 has been for awhile, most boards most likely support it now. If not, you can use the bios flashback feature to update the bios without the need of a cpu.

The Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector

Not too important, most cpu's don't really need the additional 4-pin CPU connector. Board will run without it.

:The Noctua NH-D15S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter

Normally the cooler will come with mounting hardware for AMD and Intel. If not, you can call Noctua and they will ship you the hardware needed.

be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case has a front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port that can connect to the Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard USB 3.2 Gen 1 header. A separate USB 3.2 Gen 1 to USB 3.2 Gen 2 header adapter will be required.

So this one is the where you want to consider changing the motherboard. This is saying the motherboard doesn't have the required header to plug in a front USB type-C port. If you don't plan to use this port, then you can ignore it. If you want to use it here are some mobo recommendations:

MSI B550-A PRO (I think this is the best value mobo right now)

ASRock B550 Steel Legend

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (pretty good if you're looking to OC)

Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2

You can also get the X570 versions of these boards, but unless you plan to use a lot of gen. 4 drives, I don't think it will be very helpful for you.

I'm guessing this is a temp GPU cause it won't be very future proof. Although it is really hard to get current gen GPU so I totally understand. If you can find one, the RTX 3080 is probably the most "future-proof" card (near MSRP hopefully).

8 hours ago, JerVis said:

Budget (including currency): Roughly 1500 euro although My current combination ends up at 1576 euro, but thats fine.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I want a sort of future proof gaming rig that is able to run games like ARK, GTA, 7 days to die

Other details: The computer I am currently using is a asus laptop https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/472076/asus-asus-n751jx-t7200t/specificaties/  so i really want an upgrade since it is not able to run the games I want to play smooth enough enymore.

I want to use 2 monitors that are 1080p with a 60Hz refresh rate.

I don't know enough about computers to confidently pick the parts myself so a buddy of mine helped me put this list together. I hope I can get some feedback on the chosen parts and wheter or not you all think this will be a good pc for my application. I also really want to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother just to be sure.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15S

RAM: Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 (2 X 8GB)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

Case: be quiet! PURE BASE 500DX

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11FM 750W

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P

Ditch the cooler since i bet like most ppl you arent overclocking anyways, swap for a small 4 heatpipe tower like gammaxx 400, se 224 xt, freezer 34, pure rock 2, etc.

Ditch the x570 since you prob arent gonna run more than 1 gen4 nvme ssd anyways and swap for a b550 like b550a pro or b550 tomahawk

Ditch the 970 evo plus for an sn550, silicon power a80, or kingston a2000

If you are gonna get crucial get the 3600mhz stuff instead since its cl16 and not cl18 like the majority of ddr4 3600mhz

Otherwise seems like a decent build with a few optimizations and no major flaws

First of thank you all so much for the helpfull reactions! It really helped me understand the whole thing a bit more.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

I'm guessing this is a temp GPU cause it won't be very future proof. Although it is really hard to get current gen GPU so I totally understand. If you can find one, the RTX 3080 is probably the most "future-proof" card (near MSRP hopefully).

We came to this GPU because of my budget limit. The GPU you suggested is way out of my price range seeing it is 2/3 of the budget (unless I am looking at the wrong one offcourse). If you have a suggestion for a GPU that is more in my price range (say 600 euro at the top most range (713 USD)) I will gladly take the suggestion.

17 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Ditch the cooler since i bet like most ppl you arent overclocking anyways

I was actually planning on doing some overclocking hence the cooler.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Lee said:

most cpu's don't really need the additional 4-pin CPU connector.

Any suggestion on a PSU in about the same price range that does have the capability to connect the additional connector. Something about not connecting it really doesn't sit wel with my OCD haha.

This is the current list I got with some of the advice put in from the reactions of which I am again verry thankfull for. Like I said above If anyone has a better suggestion for a GPU under 600 euro (713 USD) I would love to hear!

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15S

GPU: INNO3D GeForce RTX 2060 Twin X2        <-- Suggestions under 600 euro (713 USD)?

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB    

Case: be quiet! PURE BASE 500DX

PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W           <-- Suggestions for PSU in same price range that does have capability to connect additional connector?

Motherboard: ASRock B550 Steel Legend      <-- This one changed per reccomendation.

SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe, 500 GB SSD        <-- This one changed per reccomendation.

Ram: Crucial 16 GB DDR4-3600 Kit                  <-- This one changed per reccomendation.

Edited by JerVis
Forgot to include question about different PSU.

11 hours ago, JerVis said:

I was actually planning on doing some overclocking hence the cooler.

Maybe look at the dark rock pro4 and le grand macho coolers

Though the le grand macho is an absolutely massive cooler, a literal brick cooling your cpu so tall rams wont work here

11 hours ago, JerVis said:

Ram: Crucial 16 GB DDR4-3600 Kit                  <-- This one changed per reccomendation.

A really good 3600mhz kit cause cl16, better than the overpriced corsair rgb rams still on cl18 which is pathetic

Though you might be able to save 20€ or more and go for a 3200mhz kit and just overclock it to 3600mhz

Thanks for the confirmation about the ram! I will look into the cooler.

Still hope someone has a recommendation for the PSU with the possibility to connect the extra connection on the board like I stated in my latest post above. And ofcourse would always take better ideas for a GPU like I said in the post above aswell.

13 hours ago, JerVis said:

Thanks for the confirmation about the ram! I will look into the cooler.

Still hope someone has a recommendation for the PSU with the possibility to connect the extra connection on the board like I stated in my latest post above. And ofcourse would always take better ideas for a GPU like I said in the post above aswell.

Are you still using the same mbo that you said that you were going to get before people commented, or do you have a new one?

10 hours ago, golde said:

Are you still using the same mbo that you said that you were going to get before people commented, or do you have a new one?

Hi, I now plan on using one of the motherboards reccommended in one of the comments. That would be this one:

On 7/29/2021 at 8:38 PM, JerVis said:

Motherboard: ASRock B550 Steel Legend      <-- This one changed per reccomendation.