Need Gpu for new build.

dimdom211
Go to solution Solved by curiousmind34,
3 minutes ago, dimdom211 said:

This is a new build.

That makes it a bit difficult, since there is definitely a bit of a difference between playing games on a graphics card on older settings, and not being able to play games at all. 

That will mean you will want to buy a CPU with decent integrated graphics, so a decent pairing with a 3060 ti would be a 5600g, which is releasing next week. Depending on it's performance, your budget, and it's ability to play the games you want for a few months on integrated graphics, you might be fine.

Otherwise, you are in a bit of a tough spot. You should probably get a cheap old graphics card which can play the games you like for a bit and then upgrade to the graphics card you want.

I have a £400 budget for a Gpu than can be stretched a bit. Should I wait for the Gpu market to settle or buy something now for a higher price?

I would wait for a 3060 ti, from the way supply is going you should be able to get one in less than 6 months. 

What graphics card do you have right now?

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

I would wait for a 3060 ti, from the way supply is going you should be able to get one in less than 6 months. 

What graphics card do you have right now?

This is a new build.

3 minutes ago, dimdom211 said:

This is a new build.

That makes it a bit difficult, since there is definitely a bit of a difference between playing games on a graphics card on older settings, and not being able to play games at all. 

That will mean you will want to buy a CPU with decent integrated graphics, so a decent pairing with a 3060 ti would be a 5600g, which is releasing next week. Depending on it's performance, your budget, and it's ability to play the games you want for a few months on integrated graphics, you might be fine.

Otherwise, you are in a bit of a tough spot. You should probably get a cheap old graphics card which can play the games you like for a bit and then upgrade to the graphics card you want.