Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am planning to upgrade my gt 740 with a gt 1030 and can somebody tell me if this is correct(im afraid of breaking my card) deinstall drivers in DDU and shut off, change gpu, turn on and install drivers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont bother

 

Overclock your gt740 for the time being with msi afterburner

 

And no you basically cant break your card if you overclock unless you modify it like shunt modding, vbios modding, etc.

 

Just search for yt tutorials out there and thatll help improve your current gpu so its more bearable while you wait for the gpu market to calm down

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Dont bother

 

Overclock your gt740 for the time being with msi afterburner

 

And no you basically cant break your card if you overclock unless you modify it like shunt modding, vbios modding, etc.

 

Just search for yt tutorials out there and thatll help improve your current gpu so its more bearable while you wait for the gpu market to calm down

yes i forgot to mention im gonna buy it when prices drop sorry and btw my motherboard is power locked so not much i can do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCheekiBreeki98 said:

yes i forgot to mention im gonna buy it when prices drop sorry

Still a waste of money as the gtx 750 beats the 1030

 

Go for an rtx 2060 or 3060 instead

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Still a waste of money as the gtx 750 beats the 1030

 

Go for an rtx 2060 or 3060 instead

OP may not want a GPU of that caliber. Probably has a SFF system. I would recommend only a 1050ti or so in OP's case.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×