Laptop Recomendation

I am planning to major in CompSci
-Planning to buy it from the US
-Budget:₹55000/$740
-Am open to refurbished ones but dunno how less efficient are they from brand new ones etc
- Windows OS
-14"( Wud need some advice abt that too )
-Medium weight
-Usage: Multi purpose
-A touchpad that doesn't give me a jumpy cursor and responds well to multitouch gestures
-Dunno much abt pro and cons abt 2 in 1s and detachables
-Processor: i5/i7 or AMD Ryzen 4000/5000( As they outperform Intel processors..Ig only prob with them is heat management )
- At least 8Gb RAM
-A good combo including HDD and SSD for storage
- Don't think wud need an extra graphics card
- Maybe 8-9 hrs of battery life
-Any fancy specs can be included like  fingerprint locks, backlit keyboards etc if the cost remains within budget

College life generally likes small laptops that can take a beating. Assuming an older model works as expected the only thing that’s a real variable is battery and fan life. Everything else is solid state so it will last for years barring physical damage.  You buy used anything you buy someone else’s problems though.  This is especially true for cars but has some relevance for other stuff. Why it is being sold often matters.   As for what kind of hardware you will need the ones to ask will be your professors as they are the ones controlling what your projects are.  As far as programming goes everything is pretty much potato except compiling which likes lots of cores.  I doubt you’ll need much in the way of discrete video, though again it’s variable depending on class work. Some AI stuff likes tensor cores which can only be gotten on higher end Nvidia discrete cards. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.