(Android) looking for offline games

Radium_Angel

I don't like the amount of "permissions" games require, nor am I a fan of games that only download small parts to your phone/tablet, and require the rest to be pushed through a server connection.

I'd like to play a few more games, but they need to be completely offline playable (which probably limits my choices, I'm okay with this)

Ideally "idle" or turn-based games, but I"m open to suggestions.

Aimed for adults, but not "adult" if you understand

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ideally "idle" or turn-based games

Uhh girls frontline but IDK about offline.

EDIT:

Spoiler

image.png.28119fb05cff48384be588b367fc83aa.png

Nope not offline

Edited by sub68

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I gotta recomend one of my favorite games.

Bad North https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PlausibleConcept.BadNorthFull

The game is very entretaining, works great even in medium specs devices, and have simple graphics that looks great. As far as I know you can play offline. It is also available in PC, consoles and Mac, if you like it you might wanna play it in other devices.

It just takes you a few minutes to clear an island so it is good choice to play in your breaks and spare time. I suggest you to check some gameplay to see if it is a game style you like before buying. It's very cheap anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit City (Idle City Builder)

Grim Quest (RPG/Dungeon Crawler)

Heroes a Grail Quest (A Heroes of Might and Magic style game)

Heroes a Grail Quest 2(A Heroes of Might and Magic style game)

Merchant

Minimal Dungeon (Kinda text based dungeon crawler, it's difficult to describe)

Pocket Cities (SimCity for your phone it is IMO brilliant)
Pocket Trains (Idle Train Sim)

oh and don't forget:
Rebel Inc, Plague Inc, Bio Inc

Yeah, I spend a lot of time on trains and wasting time. I hate Ads and will pay for a game to avoid IAPs too. These are my current game library.

On my Fire Tablet (having sideloaded Play Store) is a whole load of board games if you're into them:

Elder Sign
Carcassonne
Catan

Alhambra

Small World

Ticket to Ride

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W
Keyboard Corsair K55 | Mouse Corsair Harpoon | Sound AKG 52 Headphones,

If you're open to paying a few bucks for a good game, I'd highly recommend Stardew Valley. The mobile port is very well done with some of the best controls I've seen on a mobile version of a PC/console game. At $5 it's more than worth the price given how many countless hours you can sink into the game without getting bored by it.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

On 7/28/2021 at 12:31 AM, Radium_Angel said:

I don't like the amount of "permissions" games require, nor am I a fan of games that only download small parts to your phone/tablet, and require the rest to be pushed through a server connection.

I'd like to play a few more games, but they need to be completely offline playable (which probably limits my choices, I'm okay with this)

Ideally "idle" or turn-based games, but I"m open to suggestions.

Aimed for adults, but not "adult" if you understand

The battle of polytopia. Feels like Civ, plays (toa a degree) like it, runs offline and online (multiplayer). The best part is, if you like you can literally play a match lasting from 10 minutes to couple of hours or days.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.midjiwan.polytopia&hl=en_US&gl=US

Well, this is more of a RTS game:

Mindustry

It's a game where you need to mine resources, build towers, feed resources to towers, and defend your base. A challenging as the game progress, but I find it not bad. There are a few skirmish map where you can play freely and explore.

For puzzle game, I can recommend:

Connect Me

It's a game where you move the blocks around to make sure everything is connected.

There's one more game:

Crazy Driller

It's like endless running game, but rather than running, you are drilling deeper to the underground to dig up as much gold as possible.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend looking into emulation if you don't want to deal with trying to find real games for Android. There may also be some games on itch.io or Game Jolt for Android.

If you are looking for a turn-based RPG game, then the game to run on Android devices is Persona 3. Pretty much all PSP games run well in PPSSPP. That being said, compared to FES, Portable does add, change, and remove some things. The major addition in Portable is the female route, the female route has different social links, it also adds an option to guard instead of just standing by during battle. Some stores now function differently in Portable compared to how they originally functioned in the original PS2 release and in FES. You can now work part time at some of the stores!

However, there are two really big things that keep Portable from being the best version of Persona 3, one is the removal of The Answer. A lot of people didn't like The Answer, so it may not be the biggest loss. However, the bigger, much more jarring removal is most of the 3D environments you could explore! Instead of being able to walk around and explore 3D environments, you just scroll through a flat picture of the places in question. It's not like the PSP was not powerful enough, the system was easily capable of 3D graphics

Spoiler

, and the game still renders Tartarus and each battle in 3D, so, why does everything else have to be flat and boring?

Also removed were the FMVs, but that's understandable for two reasons that come together. One, they would have to make new FMVs for the female protagonist, which increases development time, and leads to the second reason, two, the FMVs would use up more space, and UMD can only store 1.8 GB of data. Would've been nice in these cutscenes would've been done in engine to make up for the FMVs being removed

Spoiler

, and to their credit, they actually did remake the FMV where the dorm gets attacked in April in-engine

, but that would require rendering 3D graphics, which was something Atlus didn't want the PSP to do apparently.

Still, if you are looking for games, Persona 3 Portable is the game to run on Android, just bear in mind that 3 major features were removed in Portable.

System requirements for PPSSPP are quite low (except for a few other PSP games, but those aren't relevant right now), so your Android device should have no difficulty running this game.

Just now, url8 said:

I highly recommend looking into emulation if you don't want to deal with trying to find real games for Android. There may also be some games on itch.io or Game Jolt for Android.

If you are looking for a turn-based RPG game, then the game to run on Android devices is Persona 3. Pretty much all PSP games run well in PPSSPP. That being said, compared to FES, Portable does add, change, and remove some things. The major addition in Portable is the female route, the female route has different social links, it also adds an option to guard instead of just standing by during battle. Some stores now function differently in Portable compared to how they originally functioned in the original PS2 release and in FES. You can now work part time at some of the stores!

However, there are two really big things that keep Portable from being the best version of Persona 3, one is the removal of The Answer. A lot of people didn't like The Answer, so it may not be the biggest loss. However, the bigger, much more jarring removal is most of the 3D environments you could explore! Instead of being able to walk around and explore 3D environments, you just scroll through a flat picture of the places in question. It's not like the PSP was not powerful enough, the system was easily capable of 3D graphics

Reveal hidden contents

, and the game still renders Tartarus and each battle in 3D, so, why does everything else have to be flat and boring?

Also removed were the FMVs, but that's understandable for two reasons that come together. One, they would have to make new FMVs for the female protagonist, which increases development time, and leads to the second reason, two, the FMVs would use up more space, and UMD can only store 1.8 GB of data. Would've been nice in these cutscenes would've been done in engine to make up for the FMVs being removed

Reveal hidden contents

, and to their credit, they actually did remake the FMV where the dorm gets attacked in April in-engine

, but that would require rendering 3D graphics, which was something Atlus didn't want the PSP to do apparently.

Still, if you are looking for games, Persona 3 Portable is the game to run on Android, just bear in mind that 3 major features were removed in Portable.

System requirements for PPSSPP are quite low (except for a few other PSP games, but those aren't relevant right now), so your Android device should have no difficulty running this game.

And if you're wondering, you cannot emulate FES on Android at all right now. PCSX2-reARMed doesn't exist yet, and Play! was developed with different development philosophy. Instead of trying to simulate how the PS2 works, Play! basically doesn't actually try to simulate anything, it just uses a very high-level approach to running PS2 binaries, which results in much lower (basically none) accuracy and a over-reliance on game-specific hacks. There are likely not many (if any) patches to make Persona 3 FES run in Play! right now, so if you want Persona 3 FES playable on Android devices, beg someone with programming knowledge to make a fork of PCSX2 that supports ARM processors and Android.

Also DamonPS2 is a scam! It isn't an actual port of PCSX2 (let alone their actual creation), it actually uses an IA-32 (or x64?) emulator to emulate PCSX2 (yes, an emulator inside of an emulator, not very efficient), and simply uses a frontend to make it seem like their own creation. They use invasive DRM to restrict Memory Card functionality (crucial for a long game like Persona 3) to paying customers. This invasive DRM requires some fairly invasive permissions (you'd expect a PS2 emulator to only require storage, and maybe camera for EyeToy games). Don't even bother looking for a cracked copy, it's just not worth it!

That should all explain why Portable is still the version of Persona 3 to run on Android right now.