Oculus Link not working and a "frog croaking' sound from pc when under load.

Before I discuss the problem, I will give out my specs:

Ryzen 7 3700x 

Included Cooler

16GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengence LPX

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Gamdias Kratos M1 750W Bronze 

Zalman S3

2 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1 1TB Toshiba HDD

EVGA XC RTX 3060

Backstory (SHORT): 

I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 970 to an RTX 3060 and I've been having problems since. 

The Problem: 

When I go into Oculus Link from my Quest 2, if I move to much, it will freeze on a single frame and will either reset the oculus rift home or boot me back to the quest screen. My brother, who is much better with computers than me, said that it could be the cable's bandwidth, but it worked with my GTX 970 so I don't think it's that, but I'm still curious on what the problem is and how to fix it. I also hear almost a frog croak sound coming from my computer ever since I put the RTX 3060 in my computer. 

44 minutes ago, SomeoneNamedTrent said:

Ryzen 7 3700x 

Included Cooler

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Zalman S3

EVGA XC RTX 3060

Backstory (SHORT): 

I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 970 to an RTX 3060 and I've been having problems since. 

The Problem: 

When I go into Oculus Link from my Quest 2, if I move to much, it will freeze on a single frame and will either reset the oculus rift home or boot me back to the quest screen. My brother, who is much better with computers than me, said that it could be the cable's bandwidth, but it worked with my GTX 970 so I don't think it's that, but I'm still curious on what the problem is and how to fix it. I also hear almost a frog croak sound coming from my computer ever since I put the RTX 3060 in my computer. 

Bad PSU?  There's a couple of reviews if you Google that model suggesting arcing problems in the PSU when its under load which would potentially make a sound like you are describing.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

51 minutes ago, SomeoneNamedTrent said:

Ryzen 7 3700x 

Included Cooler

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Zalman S3

EVGA XC RTX 3060

Backstory (SHORT): 

The Problem: 

I know nothing about VR, but this “frog croak” sound is a super weird one. It doesn’t really describe any sounds computers make unless you’ve got a really really old mechanical hard drive in there.  Things can hit spinning fans though.  I suppose you could be describing the sound of fan blades hitting a cable. Sound is vibration. A frog croak is a low sound. A vibration that isn’t very fast. Something hitting a fan is all I can think of even in that ballpark. There’s coil whine but I’ve never heard coil whine go that low.  An arc could do that but arcs big enough and long lasting enough to actually hum are NOT normal to have in a PC. At all. It would be bright enough to burn holes in your retina. Super scary.  Would there be any similarity of the sound to 60 cycle hum? I don’t normally hear that one compared to a frog croaking, but any PSU producing 60 cycle hum is not something I want in may computer.  Or anywhere near electrical power.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.