SSD as Cache Worthwhile?

SylenThunder

Ok, so for starters here is my current layout.

Asus ROX Strix X570-E Gaming motherboard.

1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

On RAID controller...
500GB Evo 860 SSD

2x 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD's in RAID-0

2TB Toshiba platter

Now current setup has the 500GB Evo for the OS, the 1TB Evo for more demanding games, and the rest of my games are on the SSHD's in RAID-0.  The 2TB Platter drive is just for data storage.

I've got a spare 120GB SSD just sitting here, and was wondering if there would be any benefit to setting it up as a cache for the two SSHD's that are in RAID.  And if so, how best to go about that. (I think the RAID controller may have a was to add it in without having to wipe the array, but I can't recall offhand.)

It's the built-in controller that Asus uses on their motherboards. Shows up as merely "AMD-RAID" wherever I look, and Speccy lists it as software-RAID. It's on the motherboard, and configured in BIOS under the RAIDXpert2 settings.  My last Asus motherboard had a Marvell hardware controller, and I had just assumed this was similar. 

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

It's the built-in controller that Asus uses on their motherboards. Shows up as merely "AMD-RAID" wherever I look, and Speccy lists it as software-RAID. It's on the motherboard, and configured in BIOS under the RAIDXpert2 settings.  My last Asus motherboard had a Marvell hardware controller, and I had just assumed this was similar. 

not sure if my asus ch7 mobo has raid i have never used raid before you could prolly ad an ssd as a cache but you would need special raid software that can configure the sdd to be used as a cache might be easier just buying a used raid card off ebay that comes with cache such as the ibm m5110