RTX3070 and games in the future?

Checcot1

Hi, I wanted to share something I read:

''The 3070+ are there for people who want the bleeding edge now and don’t care about losing resell value.

That said strictly 1080p 144hrz is your best best option if you want to game comfortably for a long time.''

What I read in an article made me think a lot. My processor is a: i7 9700k and my gpu is zotac rtx3070.
My requirement in games would be: I want to keep high fps and high / ultra quality over the years without having too much trouble changing settings.
This got me thinking:
should I then buy a 1080p monitor at 144 hz, 240 hz?
If in the future the '' level '' will increase and I have no intention of changing my card for the next 3/4 years, would this be the most ideal solution? My idea is to keep the high and ultra settings and great fps even for games that will come out in the future.
What do you think? is this a fair reasoning?

10 minutes ago, Checcot1 said:

Hi, I wanted to share something I read:

''The 3070+ are there for people who want the bleeding edge now and don’t care about losing resell value.

That said strictly 1080p 144hrz is your best best option if you want to game comfortably for a long time.''

What I read in an article made me think a lot. My processor is a: i7 9700k and my gpu is zotac rtx3070.
My requirement in games would be: I want to keep high fps and high / ultra quality over the years without having too much trouble changing settings.
This got me thinking:
should I then buy a 1080p monitor at 144 hz, 240 hz?
If in the future the '' level '' will increase and I have no intention of changing my card for the next 3/4 years, would this be the most ideal solution? My idea is to keep the high and ultra settings and great fps even for games that will come out in the future.
What do you think? is this a fair reasoning?

What monitor do you have now?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

9 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

What monitor do you have now?

Nobody 

I use a tv 

so i will buy monitor 

1080p is a bit low for anything 27" plus.  So if you go 1080p get a 24"

I'd say if you want a 27" you'll need 1440p

32" 2160p

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

1080p is a bit low for anything 27" plus.  So if you go 1080p get a 24"

I'd say if you want a 27" you'll need 1440p

32" 2160p

Sure, but do you think for my requests, is it better to buy a 1080p or a 1440p for the 3070?
And also why wouldn't a 1080p panel fit at 27 ''? Thanks for the clarifications.

I have a 27" 1080p panel and in some games the jaggies are really pronounced. 

what CPU are you running is what i should have asked first

scratch that i saw in OP

1 minute ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I have a 27" 1080p panel and in some games the jaggies are really pronounced. 

what CPU are you running is what i should have asked first

i7 9700k 

Very high FPS/Refresh is more geared towards competative play.  If you're one of those types of player then go high FPS/Refresh.  If you're more in to single player stuff and you'll do better spending the money on a better quality panel rather than a fast one. OLED/VA tech will give more advantage to single player games with HDR than a higher refresh would.  Which monitor you choose will make NO DIFFERENCE to how the card changes over time as newer games come out and the spec starts to fall behind

Edit:

Before anyone jumps in DOOM and DOOM:Eternal are outliers 🤣