Regarding this TPM Key

Master PC

I heard of this getaround to install a non-TPM version of Windows 11 a few days ago, but it's not official. I still want to do the clean way and enable TPM 2.0.

As I am going to enable TPM 2.0 in my BIOS later, I'm concerned about one thing:

The warning mentioned of some TPM recovery key for BitLocker. What is it, and where can I save this key in case something goes wrong?

I use 3700X and a ROG C8H X570.

If you are not using Bitlocker, which is a full drive encryption feature in Windows 10 Pro, you do not need to worry about the message your BIOS tells you about the recovery key.

12 hours ago, Alexander Dennis E500 said:

I heard of this getaround to install a non-TPM version of Windows 11 a few days ago, but it's not official. I still want to do the clean way and enable TPM 2.0.

As I am going to enable TPM 2.0 in my BIOS later, I'm concerned about one thing:

The warning mentioned of some TPM recovery key for BitLocker. What is it, and where can I save this key in case something goes wrong?

I use 3700X and a ROG C8H X570.

If you do enable BitLocker in Windows 10/11, your recovery key will be stored automatically with your Microsoft linked account.

1. Just go to https://account.microsoft.com/, Login with your same Microsoft loinked account as your PC.
  2. Then select your device under "Device" section.
  3. Then just go to "Manage recovery keys" under "Bitlocker data protection"

And your key should be listed. Always double check before disabling TPM