This is my first PC build in a long time

The link below is to the computer I already built, but I put a 1050 TI in it because of the graphic card shortages. I plan to put a 3080 in it and I wanted to know the opinions of other people. Specifically, I am slightly concerned about the compatibility of the mobo and card, if it'll run a pcie 4.0, if 750 watts will be enough to run the entire system since I've got two 4k 38 inch TCL televisions along with it, and what kind of performance increase I'm looking at here in games and light content creation in Premiere. Light meaning 10-25 minute 1080p videos 4 times a week. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TqjCxc

Why are you doing 9th gen Intel? Go 10th/11th gen, since prices are cheaper. You don't need to worry about PCIe 3.0 vs 4.0, it's forward and backwards compatible. Things will just run at the earliest revision between the two. Also, you probably don't need 3 1TB SSDs. As for the PSU, 850w is the lowest I'd recommend for a 3080. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVJZMv

This is what I'd run. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Why are you doing 9th gen Intel? Go 10th/11th gen, since prices are cheaper. You don't need to worry about PCIe 3.0 vs 4.0, it's forward and backwards compatible. Things will just run at the earliest revision between the two. Also, you probably don't need 3 1TB SSDs. As for the PSU, 850w is the lowest I'd recommend for a 3080. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tVJZMv

This is what I'd run. 

Well, for the 9900k, I made the decision to buy that before the 10/11th gen came out. I also got a really good deal with that as the mobo and cpu came together for 475 dollars. Also, the temps on the 10th and 11th gen kinda scare me a little bit lol. As for the 3 ssd's, I have been content crating since 2012 on 3 youtube channels so one of those drives is dedicated to that, one is dedicated to games, and the boot drive has a lot of programs on it along with pictures, documents, phone backups and more. It helps me stay organized to have 3 drives. I do think I might need a higher watt power supply and that's one of the things I was concerned about. Of course I'm running a 750w and pcpartspicker says I'd only be consuming 600 something, but I gotcha there. Thanks for your reply.

7 hours ago, Selestialnorre said:

Well, for the 9900k, I made the decision to buy that before the 10/11th gen came out. I also got a really good deal with that as the mobo and cpu came together for 475 dollars. Also, the temps on the 10th and 11th gen kinda scare me a little bit lol. As for the 3 ssd's, I have been content crating since 2012 on 3 youtube channels so one of those drives is dedicated to that, one is dedicated to games, and the boot drive has a lot of programs on it along with pictures, documents, phone backups and more. It helps me stay organized to have 3 drives. I do think I might need a higher watt power supply and that's one of the things I was concerned about. Of course I'm running a 750w and pcpartspicker says I'd only be consuming 600 something, but I gotcha there. Thanks for your reply.

OK, I missed the part when you said you already built it, and I was treating it as if you were just building it now. That does explain a decent amount.

As for the PSU, you can try running it on that, but I don't remember Super Flower being the greatest PSU brand (I could be wrong), and while there are a couple 750w PSUs that can run 3080s, the majority of them can't handle the power spikes. I'd try it and see if you got a good one, but odds are you're gonna be ordering an Corsair RMx 850 or similar if you do manage to score a 3080 somehow. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:42 AM, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, I missed the part when you said you already built it, and I was treating it as if you were just building it now. That does explain a decent amount.

As for the PSU, you can try running it on that, but I don't remember Super Flower being the greatest PSU brand (I could be wrong), and while there are a couple 750w PSUs that can run 3080s, the majority of them can't handle the power spikes. I'd try it and see if you got a good one, but odds are you're gonna be ordering an Corsair RMx 850 or similar if you do manage to score a 3080 somehow. 

Well, scoring a 3080, that's not hard. The hard part is getting up 1400 dollars because that's what I'm seeing right now. I will wait for more price drops though. As for the SuperFlower, I'm very willing to rip it out and put in a Corsair because I'm not attached to it by any means. It's been a damn good PSU up until now though. I'll try it at first, but the first problem that arises with it, I'm running to best buy.