Dumb enough where I couldn’t follow instructions from the Windows 11 video

nieblas008

Well the title should explain most of the topic, I got an Intel Core i5 2400, 6GB of RAM, and a GT 1030. Not great specs but able to run Windows 11, aside from not having Secure Boot or TPM.

So, I was excited to try out Windows 11, got into the Insiders Program, followed all the instructions from the recent video on LTT, and I got pretty far, I got the ISO and even was installing the new Windows, but right after it finishes, I get a message saying “Windows could not update the computer’s boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed.” and now I am stuck with no PC because I had already formatted Windows 10. Does anybody happen to have any ideas for how I could fix it? Good thing at least is that I have an iPad that serves me well in the meantime.

I’ll be pending, thanks a lot for the help.

F8EFFE8F-FF4F-4355-AC7A-2687957F5E8F.jpeg

Reinstall windows 10 and forget about windows e-waste.

Then install Linux when support for windows 10 ends (or maybe even sooner).

21 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Reinstall windows 10 and forget about windows e-waste.

Then install Linux when support for windows 10 ends (or maybe even sooner).

Man, there is something called personal preference, I would appreciate if you can guide me to where this message has been solved, because I can’t figure it out yet.

2 hours ago, nieblas008 said:

Man, there is something called personal preference, I would appreciate if you can guide me to where this message has been solved, because I can’t figure it out yet.

You have a CPU that doesn't have any of the instruction sets required by the OS and any things you do to get around the restrictions can be put back the way they were through updates and even if they don't, it's unlikely that the same will be said for the final release build and you'll be stuck using a version of the OS that is unsupported.

That good enough for you.