Transporting a PC Case (without components) on checked luggage. Should I?

Hi everybody, I'm planning on traveling to Germany on september and I'm considering buying a new PC case for my computer. The one the I currently have is the Meshify C, which is a wonderful case, but is has several problems

design-wise, like the front panel flter which is a pain to clean, and a little bit of damage. By damage I mean that some of the pcie screws are stripped (the two ones that hold the gpu on the x16 slot). Anyways, I plan on buying a Meshify 2 Compact Dark TG and bring it on my checked luggage. I'm traveling with my little brother so his checked baggage will be mostly empty aside from clothes. The question is, it is doable and worth the hassle? Buying it in my country (Uruguay), is almost impossible without importing it from overseas, and taxes are outrageously high so buying it would be more than double the price of the pc case.

You can typically only have one piece of baggage per person. So even if your brother doesn't carry much more than 10 kg, an additional piece of bulky baggage around 8.1 kg (excluding packaging) probably isn't going to be allowed. And you'll definitely want some form of protective packaging, to avoid having it get damaged.

And keep in mind that, legally, even if you import the case yourself, you'll still have to pay import tax on it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply