PC Problem

rottenflash34

Hello, i have an HP Prodesk  600 G1 Tower and recently i recieved a gtx 660 and wanted to upgrade, but the problem is that the psu doesn t have the 6 pin connector and too weak (standard hp psu). So i bought a brand new PSU but then i realized that the motherboard doesn t have a 24 pin connector and i bought an adapter for that, i plugged it into the 24 pin put the connectors in place and when i turn on my pc it started beeping and the power button was red, but the pc didn t start up or anything.  I put the old psu back and worked perfectly fine. Anyone can help me with that.

And another question, My motherboard has an 4 pin connector for the cpu and i plugged with the 8 pin from the new psu (it can be divided into 4). Thank you for the time reading this (also sorry about my english, tried my best).

if the old power supplies ok you maybe  getaway of using  a Molex to 6 Pin adaptor  those prebuilt can be really weird around power supplies

Yeah, but the old PSU is not powerful enough for the 660 from what i have read (it s a 300W).

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Check to make sure none of the connectors on the motherboard are proprietary, so that it has a 4 pin CPU and 20 or 24 pin motherboard connector. If no proprietary connector, buy like a 450w PSU with a 6 pin.

The PSU that i bought is a 500w it has a 24 pin, 8 pin , 6 pin.

The motherboard main power connector is a 6 pin and this white thing.

Screenshot_1.png