Howdy on KDE Plasman Lockscreen not working

I am running regular Ubuntu on my laptop and installed kde plasma and lightdm on top of the default gnome/unity/whatever ubuntu's default is. Lightdm and sudo will trigger the webcam for howdy and will work but lock screen for plasma will not trigger. Instead I need to enter my password every time. I have tried googling around and adding some conf files and changing the configuration for plasma, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

18 hours ago, the__senate said:

I am running regular Ubuntu on my laptop and installed kde plasma and lightdm on top of the default gnome/unity/whatever ubuntu's default is. Lightdm and sudo will trigger the webcam for howdy and will work but lock screen for plasma will not trigger. Instead I need to enter my password every time. I have tried googling around and adding some conf files and changing the configuration for plasma, but nothing seems to work. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Please Come To Know That LightDM Dosent Work Well With Plasma 5

Please install sddm and enable sddm by typing 

sudo systemctl disable gdm

sudo systemctl enable sddm

On 7/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, the__senate said:

found a write up on this, never used howdy before but with both distros using systemd I think they should be similar enough.

https://gist.github.com/pastleo/76597c6ae8f95bb02982fea6df3a3ade