Low GPU usage in GTA V (CPU Bottleneck??)

I recently upgraded to an RTX 2070 super from my 1070, and playing GTA V, while I am getting more FPS that before of course, it's not as much as I would have hoped. Only getting around 90-95FPS with medium to low graphics settings which I think is ridiculous for such a capable card. And after checking task manager I was surprised to see the GPU at just 14% usage while playing GTA V. Meanwhile, my CPU usage is at around 82% while playing.

My specs are:

• CPU: i7 7700k
  • GPU: RTX 2070 super
  • RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
  • Monitor: 1440p 144hz

Am I perhaps seeing a CPU bottleneck? I wouldn't have thought so as I'm running at 1440p, and yes while my i7 has got half the cores and threads of the current i7's, the 7700k still has great single core performance running at 4.5GHz which should be more than fine for gaming.

What do you think the issue is here? Do I need to upgrade my CPU? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, ldmendes7 said:

I recently upgraded to an RTX 2070 super from my 1070, and playing GTA V, while I am getting more FPS that before of course, it's not as much as I would have hoped. Only getting around 90-95FPS with medium to low graphics settings which I think is ridiculous for such a capable card. And after checking task manager I was surprised to see the GPU at just 14% usage while playing GTA V. Meanwhile, my CPU usage is at around 82% while playing.

My specs are:

• CPU: i7 7700k
  • GPU: RTX 2070 super
  • RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
  • Monitor: 1440p 144hz

Am I perhaps seeing a CPU bottleneck? I wouldn't have thought so as I'm running at 1440p, and yes while my i7 has got half the cores and threads of the current i7's, the 7700k still has great single core performance running at 4.5GHz which should be more than fine for gaming.

What do you think the issue is here? Do I need to upgrade my CPU? Thanks!

dont check task manager for usages. when i play MW it reports 0% gpu usage. use msi afterburner instead. i would also suggest using ultra settings maybe thatll bump the gpu usage and take off some of the load off of the cpu