Bluetooth Monitors?

drurya96

I'm moving soon and trying to decide ways to decorate. One thing I think would be cool is several small monitors on the wall to serve as picture frames. Basically, I have a home theater style computer that I would like to use to run these monitors with things like still images, maybe videos, possible switch them over to something like news, etc. each showing something different. The trouble is, I don't want video cables everywhere to make this happen. I'll already have to run power cables, but video too would be a bit much.

So the question: does anyone know of relatively cheap, small monitors that can work off bluetooth or other remote display? these only need to be about 24 inches, maybe smaller, and 720p is plenty res, and low refresh rate (30-60hz) should be fine. Is this idea even reasonable?

I know smart displays can handle this, but then each has to be controlled separately instead of from one computer, plus smart displays tend to be much more expensive.

12 minutes ago, drurya96 said:

So the question: does anyone know of relatively cheap, small monitors that can work off bluetooth or other remote display? these only need to be about 24 inches, maybe smaller, and 720p is plenty res, and low refresh rate (30-60hz) should be fine. Is this idea even reasonable?

As far as I know no display can work over Bluetooth. Bluetooth is design for low data transfer and isn't capable of sending enough data to run a screen.

Your better off looking for something like a Raspberry Pi or Chrome cast or something like that that can just run off of a small device with HDMI. Or maybe you could try and find so used tablets.

27 minutes ago, drurya96 said:

each has to be controlled separately instead of from one computer

I have a smart display which i use as a second desktop using windows wireless display feature. It is controlled through my PC itself.
But you could also just get a 2nd hand monitor and hook a chromecast to it and achieve something similar for cheap

3 minutes ago, Frooodle said:

I have a smart display which i use as a second desktop using windows wireless display feature. It is controlled through my PC itself.

Are you able to use more than two displays like this? Do you know if there are limitations on the smart display or maybe have cheap options in mind? This sounds about like what I'm looking for.

6 minutes ago, CallumOKane said:

chromecast ezpz

Can you chromecast to multiple displays? I'm not very familiar with chromecast, just heard the term tossed around a few times. Would the displays need to be smart displays for that?

Maybe just some cheap Android tablets or ipads? Not quite 24 inches but there's gotta be a way to remotely control a slideshow on them.