First build, any advice?

Hello, this is my part list, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KTMHy4.
The plan is to use intel's integrated graphics until the gpu prices go down. Do you have any other parts to recommend? Do you see any compatability issues with the parts? If yes, please do let me know. Keep in mind that all of these products are available where I live.
Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, CapVag said:

Hello, this is my part list, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KTMHy4.
The plan is to use intel's integrated graphics until the gpu prices go down. Do you have any other parts to recommend? Do you see any compatability issues with the parts? If yes, please do let me know. Keep in mind that all of these products are available where I live.
Thanks in advance.

You might wanna get the 11500 or 11600k cause better igpu than 11400

And if you arent gonna overclock with the k cpu its best to undervolt it cause of the better silicon k cpus usually have

“Page not found” error on the link.  

As far as general advice goes, Watch a bunch of build videos to get an idea of what you will need. LTT probably has a bunch.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

“Page not found” error on the link.  

As far as general advice goes, Watch a bunch of build videos to get an idea of what you will need. LTT probably has a bunch.

Heres the list

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KTMHy4

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600 2.8 GHz 6-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 CPU Cooler  ($32.99 @ Amazon) 
Thermal Compound: ARCTIC MX4 4 g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock B560M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($112.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($87.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($61.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CV 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Corsair) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($9.49 @ Amazon) 
Total: $497.39
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-04 00:46 EDT-0400

Does the case not come with any fans?

re:motherboard

much like the PSU I don’t follow specific stuff, but you may want to make sure that your motherboard can handle the speed of memory you are buying.  My memory is intel b series stuff tends to be lobotomized in other ways besides merely not allowing k chips to overclock there may be memory limitations too.  Also there was complaint recently that some b650 motherboards had speed issues. I don’t know what it’s about or which motherboards are affected, but it may be worth looking into. 

re:PSU

I’m assuming the PSU is sized for the video card you will eventually add as it’s way way more than would be needed for the machine without a video card. 650w may limit the size of card you can use.  Best to pay attention to how much video card you can add when you get one based on that PSU.  I suspect a 3070 may be too much for that PSU for example.  The video card manufacturers tend to go with absolute minimums rather than what is actually needed.  The PSU tierlist may be useful.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

You might wanna get the 11500 or 11600k cause better igpu than 11400

And if you arent gonna overclock with the k cpu its best to undervolt it cause of the better silicon k cpus usually have

I havent picked the 11400 though, i picked the 11600. Also, where I live, i can get the 11600 for less money than the 11500 or the 11600k. Furthermore, according to some benchmarks I saw, the 11600 is better than the 11500 and a bit worse than the 11600k, despite the 1.1ghz difference in the base clock rate, (which I do not fully get to be honest) which is why i chose the 11600 instead. And since i hadn't thought of undervolting it, i believed that getting an unlocked cpu would be a waste since i wasn't going to overclock it.

The case is supposedly includes one 120mm fan but unfortunately I don't know any other specs about the fan, such as the cable it uses or the rpm. If you know any other cases in the same price range with good ariflow, do feel free to share them with me.

I believe the motherboard does support the memory I've chosen cuase of what this site is saying. (https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B560M Pro4/index.asp#Specification) As for the speed issues, I only found one video about it, (this one 

) which has me kinda worried. Would you suggest getting an H570 motherboard instead?

When it comes to the psu, i chose a 650W one because i thought you are supposed to pick one that would use 50%-80% of its total wattage capability. I will probably pick a gpu with a bit less TDP than the 3070, but I did use the 3070 as the maximum choice, when it comes to TDP, and that resulted in a 414 overall TDP, which is inside of that range. Do you suggest a 750W/700W psu?

1 hour ago, CapVag said:

I havent picked the 11400 though, i picked the 11600. Also, where I live, i can get the 11600 for less money than the 11500 or the 11600k. Furthermore, according to some benchmarks I saw, the 11600 is better than the 11500 and a bit worse than the 11600k, despite the 1.1ghz difference in the base clock rate, (which I do not fully get to be honest) which is why i chose the 11600 instead. And since i hadn't thought of undervolting it, i believed that getting an unlocked cpu would be a waste since i wasn't going to overclock it.

Getting a k cpu basically means better undervolting cause k cpus usually come with better silicon than their non k counterparts tho id see why you think that its a waste buying an unlocked cpu if you arent gonna oc it cause i also have the same opinion xD especially would be a waste if you arent gonna undervolt it either now that would be considered downright stupid by me

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Getting a k cpu basically means better undervolting cause k cpus usually come with better silicon than their non k counterparts tho id see why you think that its a waste buying an unlocked cpu if you arent gonna oc it cause i also have the same opinion xD especially would be a waste if you arent gonna undervolt it either now that would be considered downright stupid by me

Lmao great thank you

5 hours ago, CapVag said:

The case is supposedly includes one 120mm fan but unfortunately I don't know any other specs about the fan, such as the cable it uses or the rpm. If you know any other cases in the same price range with good ariflow, do feel free to share them with me.

I believe the motherboard does support the memory I've chosen cuase of what this site is saying. (https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B560M Pro4/index.asp#Specification) As for the speed issues, I only found one video about it, (this one 

) which has me kinda worried. Would you suggest getting an H570 motherboard instead?

When it comes to the psu, i chose a 650W one because i thought you are supposed to pick one that would use 50%-80% of its total wattage capability. I will probably pick a gpu with a bit less TDP than the 3070, but I did use the 3070 as the maximum choice, when it comes to TDP, and that resulted in a 414 overall TDP, which is inside of that range. Do you suggest a 750W/700W psu?

Youre using pcpartpicker which has an ok if not so impressive wattage calculator in it. With no video card you should be way under 400w.  I understand it’s hard to get a decent PSU with less than 400w though so there’s that.  Using a PSU that has a higher than needed wattage rating doesn’t hurt anything but the higher the wattage of the PSU the larger the amount of base power it uses. The “metal” 80+ grades affect that but only that. 650w should get you into some lower wattage video cards though so it may be the right buy depending on how much video card you plan to stick in the thing. DLSS/FSR can make even a not high end video card so impressive things though so a big card may not be needed.

22 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Youre using pcpartpicker which has an ok if not so impressive wattage calculator in it. With no video card you should be way under 400w.  I understand it’s hard to get a decent PSU with less than 400w though so there’s that.  Using a PSU that has a higher than needed wattage rating doesn’t hurt anything but the higher the wattage of the PSU the larger the amount of base power it uses. The “metal” 80+ grades affect that but only that. 650w should get you into some lower wattage video cards though so it may be the right buy depending on how much video card you plan to stick in the thing. DLSS/FSR can make even a not high end video card so impressive things though so a big card may not be needed.

I will probably stick in a 3060 or a 3060ti