CableMod Cables - Which do I need?

steakboy
Go to solution Solved by CableMod,

@steakboy those cables are very short that were shown above, and on direct replacement cables, splices are needed, as well as crossing wires to account for the pinouts assigned by the manufacturer, you'll see competitors do the same thing on very short replacement cables. If you go with longer cables, these splices and crossed wires are maintained behind the PSU shroud or motherboard tray, so the main component side is clean (as shown in the photos provided). With that in mind, if you would like to still go with CableMod, I can guarantee proper support and service.

The cables you would want are as followed:

1x 24-pin ATX (Motherboard power)

1x 4-pin EPS / 1x 8-pin EPS - OR - 1x Bridged 4+8 EPS (CPU power on motherboard)

3x 8-pin PCI-E - OR - 1x Bridged 8+8+8 PCI-E (GPU/graphics power)

1x SATA power / 1x SATA Data (For the 2.5" SSD)

The bridged cables you can see in the photos here, it's individual cables that are combed together for a cleaner look, the regular cables would have their own combs and the cables would be separate, so this would be a personal preference thing.

bridged1.jpg

bridged888.jpg

bridgedcables.jpg

Im building my first PC in a long time. I am a pretty advanced technical person (Tier III Cloud System Admin), but haven't dealt with PC hardware in 15 years. But I need help knowing which cables I would need to add a little pizazz to my build. I want to replace all OEM black power cables in my PC that are visible to the outside view. Any cable that will be swinging along the front side of the MB or graphics card, i want to replace with white CableMod MODMESH PRO cables. But i dont know what the cables "official" names are, if they are "bridged", 4+4, or what. So im looking for some pretty extensive help here. Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B9WCYg
Incase that link is broken:
[AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
[Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler] 
[Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard]
[Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory]
[Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
[Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive]
[ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Taichi X OC Video Card]
[Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case] 
[Asus ROG Strix 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
[Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack]

[Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack]
image.thumb.png.2acf377811601ad41125ca117906d398.png
My question: Which cables do I need from the screenshot above to replace my stock power supply cables with nice white ones?

5 minutes ago, Caroline said:

PSA: Please read this before burning your money.

About the actual cables if you want replacements you should get 24-pin, EPS and one PCIe aux for each connector the graphics card(s) need.

Eww, maybe i dont want this brand. I too thought they were handmade in usa, or EU for such a high price. Is there an alternative you DO recommend? 

@steakboy those cables are very short that were shown above, and on direct replacement cables, splices are needed, as well as crossing wires to account for the pinouts assigned by the manufacturer, you'll see competitors do the same thing on very short replacement cables. If you go with longer cables, these splices and crossed wires are maintained behind the PSU shroud or motherboard tray, so the main component side is clean (as shown in the photos provided). With that in mind, if you would like to still go with CableMod, I can guarantee proper support and service.

1x 4-pin EPS / 1x 8-pin EPS - OR - 1x Bridged 4+8 EPS (CPU power on motherboard)

The bridged cables you can see in the photos here, it's individual cables that are combed together for a cleaner look, the regular cables would have their own combs and the cables would be separate, so this would be a personal preference thing.

bridged1.jpg

bridged888.jpg

bridgedcables.jpg

15 hours ago, CableMod said:

bridged1.jpg

bridged888.jpg

bridgedcables.jpg

Ok! That makes more sense, that it's because of the cable length ordered that the splices would be visible. The author of that old post made it seem like it was a cost saving technique or something. Trying to reuse to short/cut scraps of cable cover.. Knowing that, I'll still probably go get cableMod as thats the biggest company it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 11:47 AM, steakboy said:

Ok! That makes more sense, that it's because of the cable length ordered that the splices would be visible. The author of that old post made it seem like it was a cost saving technique or something. Trying to reuse to short/cut scraps of cable cover.. Knowing that, I'll still probably go get cableMod as thats the biggest company it seems.

@steakboy definitely not a cost saving technique, it's very much so needed for the reasons mentioned above. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 9:22 PM, CableMod said:

bridged1.jpg

bridged888.jpg

bridgedcables.jpg

On 7/2/2021 at 12:47 PM, steakboy said:

Those short cables were the trash they sent me and I call bullshit on the splices being necessary. Here are the replacements I ordered from a pslate custom cable company made in the US and invoices for both cablemod and pslate. Cablemod order was for 4 cables, pslate was for 5 as I added the sata power.

20210724_193830.jpg

20210724_193838.jpg

20210724_193841.jpg

Screenshot_20210724-193704_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210724-193559_Chrome.jpg

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |