Best Cooling for Ryzen 9 3900x

roastedkitten

What's best CPU air cooler for Ryzen 9 3900x, with overclocking ?, is noctua NH-D15 overkill ?

I would say NH-15, and no it's not overkill.

Just also pair it with a case that has direct airflow and none of that side corner crud like nzxt cases

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

6 minutes ago, Daethz said:

I would say NH-15, and no it's not overkill.

Just also pair it with a case that has direct airflow and none of that side corner crud like nzxt cases

It's good idea to place motherboard in a wood rack (120cm x 40cm x 40cm) with roof ?, I was made custom acrylic backplane (8mm acrylic with 15mm spacer bolt), and currently use that DIY acrylic backplane, without cover or something, but that acrylic is glued to rack

1 minute ago, roastedkitten said:

It's good idea to place motherboard in a wood rack (120cm x 40cm x 40cm) with roof ?, I was made custom acrylic backplane (8mm acrylic with 15mm spacer bolt), and currently use that DIY acrylic backplane, without cover or something, but that acrylic is glued to rack

Can My DIY Acrylic melted because motherboard and cpu temperature ?, and I was planned to cover wood rack left and right side with acrylic and front and back side with lot's of fan (3 x 10 x Fan (12 cm x 12 cm) for each side), I think that's can be very cold for my system, also with about 6 RTX 3060 in that rack (multi-purpose rig, mining and software dev)

17 minutes ago, roastedkitten said:

Can My DIY Acrylic melted because motherboard and cpu temperature ?, and I was planned to cover wood rack left and right side with acrylic and front and back side with lot's of fan (3 x 10 x Fan (12 cm x 12 cm) for each side), I think that's can be very cold for my system, also with about 6 RTX 3060 in that rack (multi-purpose rig, mining and software dev)

Don't know much about that, but you should look into the melting temperature of the acrylic u used, gpu/cpu can get up to like 180f/200f

And if your creating a server you might want to look into those noctua 3000rpm industrial fans, assuming they aren't too loud for you, cuz they get loud at high rpms.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

14 minutes ago, Daethz said:

Don't know much about that, but you should look into the melting temperature of the acrylic u used, gpu/cpu can get up to like 180f/200f

And if your creating a server you might want to look into those noctua 3000rpm industrial fans, assuming they aren't too loud for you, cuz they get loud at high rpms.

Yes... loud isn't a problem, even my mining rig sound has like a generator set... very loud... I have about 54 GPUs

On 6/27/2021 at 3:33 AM, Daethz said:

I was used deepcool xfan, 12cm, I was have 60x deepcool xfan