Does ram megahertz effect compatibility?

I have a laptop with ddr3 2gb 667mhz, and would like to upgrade to two ddr3 4gb rams but I see 4gb ram with 1333 and 1600 mhz and i don't know which one to get.

Laptop is a dell latitude E6320.

For what do you use the Laptop? Normally I would say get the 1600 but im not entirely sure that this Laptop could profit from the faster speeds. I think you should get the 1333 and save the money.

13 minutes ago, ShioooN said:

For what do you use the Laptop? Normally I would say get the 1600 but im not entirely sure that this Laptop could profit from the faster speeds. I think you should get the 1333 and save the money.

Its mainly used for watching videos and playing both emulated (virtual boy) and native games.

So it wouldn't matter which ever mhz compatibility wise for the laptop?

21 minutes ago, ClassicNoob said:

Its mainly used for watching videos and playing both emulated (virtual boy) and native games.

So it wouldn't matter which ever mhz compatibility wise for the laptop?

I don´t think so. You should probably go with the 1333 and save some money to buy a new one in a few moths/years depending on your budget. I mean for watching videos its ok, emulators should mostly run fine too. But have in mind that it won´t last forever.

3 minutes ago, ShioooN said:

I don´t think so. You should probably go with the 1333 and save some money to buy a new one in a few moths/years depending on your budget. I mean for watching videos its ok, emulators should mostly run fine too. But have in mind that it won´t last forever.

Ok thanks.