WIFI issue

xXHerbxraveXx

My current internet package is 10mb down and like 1mb up. And that has become a problem with everyone trying to stream either YouTube or Netflix. we have 2 smart tv's and a chrome cast that is going most of the time, then got my computer and Xbox which are on most of the time. We've upgraded to 50mb down and 10mb up, will that be good for everything going on the supplied modem and router combo? or should I get a separate router? 

6 hours ago, xXHerbxraveXx said:

My current internet package is 10mb down and like 1mb up. And that has become a problem with everyone trying to stream either YouTube or Netflix. we have 2 smart tv's and a chrome cast that is going most of the time, then got my computer and Xbox which are on most of the time. We've upgraded to 50mb down and 10mb up, will that be good for everything going on the supplied modem and router combo? or should I get a separate router? 

What matters is the number of devices simultaneously needing bandwidth at the same time. You can have a million devices but only use 2-3 devices simultaneously pulling 15-20Mbps, which should work fine for what you have.

We can't tell if you'll have issues if you don't tell us if you're currently having issues since the upgrade. 50Mbps should be better than 10Mbps.