Ghost’s Computer Stories #1

Ghost
My horror story.

I had just bought new z77 board and 3570k processor. Spend good 3 hours carefully installing everything. Next day i remembered that i had not checked the temperatures at all. So i launched prime95 and opened core temp. You should have seen me jumping of my chair when i see all cores reporting 105 c temperatures each. I quickly turned prime of and seemed like the temperatures did not drop at all. So i turned of the computer.

I checked the computer, and apparently my cooler (http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail?sArticle=4.%3F) broked. The plastic piece holding the cpu on the socket had cut half posibly when i moved the comuter, and was barely still on the cpu. Even a slight bumb could have made that thing fall apart, slaming on my gpu, basicaly possible breaking not only cpu but motherboard and gpu as well. I installed the stock cooler and later bought better cooler.

I wasn't breathing reading this.. Your lucky that it didn't fell off and bounced around GPU and MoBo. Good one doe !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

When I was starting to be interested in computers my father had a Pentium I and I was very curious. So I found in control panel the mouse settings and tried to change the color of the pointer and set it on none and pressed apply. I didn't know what it would do exactly because my English wasn't very good at the time (mind you I was about 9 years old).

the mouse pointer disappeared. I didn't know what to do so I left it like that.

When my father sat down to do something on the PC he almost lost his mind. He was rebooting, checking the monitor, the mouse...

when he found out he almost scratched off the writing on the TAB button to navigate and change it back :)

but afterwards we had a laugh about it. still telling the story

PS. father was happy that I'm interested in computers.

I just tried to change my mouse settings without the mouse and wow! That was a lot of TABing.

"No signature"

When I was starting to be interested in computers my father had a Pentium I and I was very curious. So I found in control panel the mouse settings and tried to change the color of the pointer and set it on none and pressed apply. I didn't know what it would do exactly because my English wasn't very good at the time (mind you I was about 9 years old).

the mouse pointer disappeared. I didn't know what to do so I left it like that.

When my father sat down to do something on the PC he almost lost his mind. He was rebooting, checking the monitor, the mouse...

when he found out he almost scratched off the writing on the TAB button to navigate and change it back :)

but afterwards we had a laugh about it. still telling the story

PS. father was happy that I'm interested in computers.

ROFL that's one good prank