Iphone battery replacement?

Zonal

Hi, I want to replace my iPhone X battery but I’ve heard of batteries not having as much power as advertised and that you need to find one from a reputable seller. Any brands or things I should look for? Thanks!

Well, I'd not recommend doing it yourself. I've replaced 2 iphone batteries, the 4s and the 6. The 4s was easy since the back comes off and you can access the internals that way, but I think on everything 5 and newer the screen comes off. This is to make replacement of the screen easier but it also increases the risk of breaking the screen to replace something else. I'd take it to a verified Apple place to get it fixed. When I replaced my 4s battery (don't know about X batteries but think this is a general rule), it was the same rating, and lasted a lot longer since the old one had been overcharged.

If you replace a battery yourself and then turn it on, the operating system will give you a 'Non genuine battery' detection warning. It means you can't check the battery health level anymore. You can thank Apple for that.