power supply probably

epro911

i have a issue that's inconsistent sometimes when i turn off my pc i cant turn it back on. i press the power button the rgb and fans turn on then turn right back off not even in a second then the buttons do nothing and i have to flip the power switch on the back wait like almost a minute for the light on the board to turn off and sometime when i flip the switch back on it turns back on just fine and some times i have to open the computer and mess with the 10 pin cable that plugs in to the psu(coolermaster v1200) idk how to replicate it or how to solve it.

Full specs + Overclock infomation would be useful. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Full specs + Overclock infomation would be useful. 

i have a fx-8350 stock a asus sabertooth 990fx motherboard 2x8 sticks of 1333 or 1600 speed g.skill ram if its not 1600 its overclocked to 1600 then a gtx 1650s and of course like i said a cooler master v1200 power supply and idk if the case matters too much but i have the be quiet pure base 500dx

Alright. Try downloading the newest bios https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R2.0/SABERTOOTH-990FX-R20-ASUS-2901.zip

And flash bios. Before doing that. turn off PSU and remove CMOS battery for 5 min. 

Leave everything at default after the flash, ram etc. 🙂

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

50 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright. Try downloading the newest bios https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3+/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R2.0/SABERTOOTH-990FX-R20-ASUS-2901.zip

And flash bios. Before doing that. turn off PSU and remove CMOS battery for 5 min. 

why is there just an image in this file?

39 minutes ago, epro911 said:

why is there just an image in this file?

nvm its a cap file but i put it on a flash drive and my mobo wont detect the cap file

14 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

i flashed the bios and so far i dont have any issues but usually its after a while of being off

if you run into that issue again, i just had the same problem replaced my power cord and it no longer does it.. could very well just be a bad power cord

22 hours ago, Mortel said:

if you run into that issue again, i just had the same problem replaced my power cord and it no longer does it.. could very well just be a bad power cord

i was gonna try that at first but all the ones i saw for my pc were $40-$60 if it comes down to it ill try it but im gonna try anything other than replacing stuff for right now

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 3:36 AM, DoctorNick said:

it happened again today it was easer to get it going this time so i think that might have been part of it but when it booted it said "please enter bios to recover bios setting. press f1 to run setup" idk if it did that every time but thank you for the help you've given me so far and any more you can give