Asus vs MSI

Hinder

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FFXIV, WoW, Valorant 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): asus rog strix z390-e; i7-8700 retail; asus rog strix 2060 oc 6gb; corsair vengeace pro 32gb 3000mhz; 240mm aio gammax liquid cooler; phanteks eclipse p350x

Hey guys!

I like both the rog strix pc components and the msi ones. The question is, is it worth spending the extra for the asus rog strix products over the msi ones (i have heard that msi have better mobo build quality and better warranty over wall).

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Hinder said:

I like both the rog strix pc components and the msi ones. The question is, is it worth spending the extra for the asus rog strix products over the msi ones (i have heard that msi have better mobo build quality and better warranty over wall).

Dont shop stuff because "mAtChiNg BrAndS" because imo quality is always above everything in a PC build. Besides, you havent listed any budgets, purpose, nor what country youre in.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

The purpose would be to build a z490 + i9 10900k + nvidia 3000/4000 series or x570 +  ryzen 9 5950x + nvidia 3000/4000 series from asus/msi/gigabyte and I am looking for the mobo and the gpu to be from the same brand if possible since there are too many conflicts between softwares (my previous build had a msi mobo; asus rog gpu; corsair ram and gammax cooler and sometimes the asus software would conflict with the corsair one or with the msi one).

39 minutes ago, Hinder said:

and I am looking for the mobo and the gpu to be from the same brand if possible since there are too many conflicts between softwares

In that case, especially if you wanna do RGB things, i do understand. Well, if i were being honest asus 3000 series is practically as good as it gets, with MSI plagued with reliability issues. For motherboard, both have solid option with the MSI Pro series of both chipset being pretty good piece of board. But asus does have really really solid board on AMD, with B550-F and B550-Plus TUF being my go to.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

41 minutes ago, Hinder said:

The purpose would be to build a z490 + i9 10900k + nvidia 3000/4000 series or x570 +  ryzen 9 5950x + nvidia 3000/4000 series from asus/msi/gigabyte and I am looking for the mobo and the gpu to be from the same brand if possible since there are too many conflicts between softwares (my previous build had a msi mobo; asus rog gpu; corsair ram and gammax cooler and sometimes the asus software would conflict with the corsair one or with the msi one).

For those games?

Getting a better cpu would do very little for you and those cpu's are entirely wasted on those games.

Same with the gpu. These are easy to run games and in no way should your current system not be able to run these extremely well.

As said above DO NOT BUY BY BRAND buy QUALITY.