BIOS Update

So today I needed to do a BIOS update on my MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) motherboard because of some issues I've been having with my new graphics card. After what I thought was a successful update, my PC does not want to boot now. It just shows the MSI logo thing where you can press Delete to enter the BIOS over and over. I can enter the BIOS and it doesn't look like anything is wrong in there. What should I do?

Cheers

So today I needed to do a BIOS update on my MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) motherboard because of some issues I've been having with my new graphics card. After what I thought was a successful update, my PC does not want to boot now. It just shows the MSI logo thing where you can press Delete to enter the BIOS over and over. I can enter the BIOS and it doesn't look like anything is wrong in there. What should I do?

Cheers

Could it just be that the correct drive isn't selected/detected in the BIOS?

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Hi DERZ,

Lets see if i can help you out, The first thing may seem a silly question, but just be 100% sure that your boot devices are still set up right as after flashing your bios a lot of your settings are reset, also double check to make sure there is nothing causing problems with random oc settings that have been enabled, after that i would be suggesting if you have a flash drive, install the update on that and try and run it from there, see if you are able to run it again, could have just crashed somewhere through it, also a clear CMOS may help in resetting things a little.

I know there are lots of steps there but first things first we need to get the basics covered and then we can go from there :)

Yours,

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

Could it just be that the correct drive isn't selected/detected in the BIOS?

Well I selected the drive but it still didn't work, until I tried it just now and it magically fixed itself :P

1. Check that the correct boot drive is selected.

2. You could try to install the previous BIOS version from a flash drive.

3. I do not know.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Well I selected the drive but it still didn't work, until I tried it just now and it magically fixed itself :P

That is normally how tech works, everything refuses to work until you try the obvious and then like magic everything works :P

Good Luck,

Sir DrowHunter

Freelancing Since 2012

So is it fixed or is there still a problem? Try a few times to confirm.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

All is working fine now, thanks any, guys :D