Question about DOCP profiles

Go to solution Solved by Beerzerker,

No, the settings of a DOCP profile are stored in the sticks themselves.
You won't "Overwrite" them with any changes done in the BIOS, takes an actual SPD programming tool to do that and that's some really advanced stuff you'll probrably never even have to worry about or even see yourself.

The changes are held by the BIOS and will revert if you go back to defaults or just reset the BIOS.
As for disabling and reenabling, yes it goes back to the programmed defaults of the DOCP profile everytime you enable it.
If you change voltage from a DOCP default of 1.35 to 1.36 and then disable, then reenable DOCP it will reset voltage back to 1.35v's - At least it's supposed to but if the board's voltage options are set to manual it may not but I believe even with that it gets changed back to it's defaults.

Hi guys so just a quick question on DOCP profiles. Right now im using a Gskil trident z neo 3600 CL16 kit and it has a DOCP profile to enable that.

If i modify any of those settings manually while the DOCP profile is enabled does it "overwrite" the default settings of that profile if i disable and re-enable it again or if i disable it and re-enable it again it goes back to its standard DOCP profile (like if i were to change the voltage from 1.35v to 1.36v would the DOCP profile always be 1.36v until i manually put it back to 1.35v or would it always go back to 1.35 when i re-enable DOCP?

You won't "Overwrite" them with any changes done in the BIOS, takes an actual SPD programming tool to do that and that's some really advanced stuff you'll probrably never even have to worry about or even see yourself.

The changes are held by the BIOS and will revert if you go back to defaults or just reset the BIOS.
As for disabling and reenabling, yes it goes back to the programmed defaults of the DOCP profile everytime you enable it.
If you change voltage from a DOCP default of 1.35 to 1.36 and then disable, then reenable DOCP it will reset voltage back to 1.35v's - At least it's supposed to but if the board's voltage options are set to manual it may not but I believe even with that it gets changed back to it's defaults.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Thanks 馃檪

Edited the above to add a little more as you can see, hope it helps.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.