Hey there guys!

I am starting University this September and I was considering to make a fresh new build (Haswell based). But my Uni has really good equipment for me to use 24/7. they have PCs with GTX 680s so I dont really need a most expensive power computer. So I decided to just refresh my existing build.

Before listing what I've got let me highlight my main use. I will be playing games on it I am 110% positive about that! but Also I will be doing some minor 3d modelling on it. Rendering power I dont need because most rendering I can do at Uni computers. So here what I got:

CPU:FX 4300

MOBO: MSI 

GPU: MSI's HD 7770

RAM: 2 x 4gb Dragon Geil 1333mhz

SSD: 128 vertex 4
HDD: 500gb WD 7200 rpm 64mb cache

PSU: 500w Corsair 

CASE: Bitfenix USB3 gaming edition with window

HEATSINK: Noctua nh-d14 (I love this bad boy)

FANS: 6 fans with no controller. 2 intake front, one intake side, 2 top exhaust and 1 top back exhaust. They not great fans, very loud. Blue Shark I believe they called running at 1000rpm or lower. 

So what you guys think?

I was thinking to just upgrade what I got and not bother with new pc.

perhaps new GPU and upgrade my cpu to 8350 and add another vertex 4 for raid 0?

oh and budget I probably say £500, I could go higher a little though. 

THANKS!

I will recommend upgrading your GPU to Radeon 7950.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

If you are running out of space then go ahead and upgrade to raid 0, 128gb isn't a lot. If you are fine with space, don't. Dump the rest/all of it into a GPU. 7950, 7870XT, 660Ti, or 670. 

I would upgrade the CPU to the 8350 so the a higher end card like the 7950 won't be bottlenecked.

I would upgrade the CPU to the 8350 so the a higher end card like the 7950 won't be bottlenecked.

A 4300 is fine, the bottleneck isn't going to be that great unless the game is extremely CPU intensive (GTA IV as an exmaple), even then it isn't going to be that bad. 

My recommendation: 7950 and a mechanical keyboard.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

If you are running out of space then go ahead and upgrade to raid 0, 128gb isn't a lot. If you are fine with space, don't. Dump the rest/all of it into a GPU. 7950, 7870XT, 660Ti, or 670. 

Yeah I am, right now I am only left with 12gb of space. I would appreciate more so upgrade is essential.

If I get card like gtx 670 would that perform lower than on a intel cpu/ mobo? does PCIe 2.0 vs 3.0 matters?

Yeah I am, right now I am only left with 12gb of space. I would appreciate more so upgrade is essential.

If I get card like gtx 670 would that perform lower than on a intel cpu/ mobo? does PCIe 2.0 vs 3.0 matters?

Depending on the CPUs, generally speaking no. PCIe 2.0 vs PCIe 3.0 does not matter.