New pc build problem

nnnnninja

Hello everyone, new member here and I am facing a problem with my new PC. Yesterday I built a new PC for my first time and it was working fine for the first couple minutes of its life until it experienced a blue screen of death. The bluescreen said it was a memory management issue and what failed was "WdFilter.sys". After the PC reset itself it got stuck in a constant boot loop of blue screens, I couldn't even get into windows for roughly 3-5minutes. Each blue screen was displaying different failures everytime. Really looking for some help, thanks everyone!

MOTHERBOARD: MSI B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 950 SSC (old card until things become more reasonable)

MEMORY: 2X8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200MHZ

SSD: SABRENT 512GB ROCKET M.2 

PSU: CORSAIR 750W 80+BRONZE

20210612_172915.jpg

8 minutes ago, 14HoursToSteve said:

I bet you just had a bad windows install

Shut down and try a windows reinstallation. Do you have access to another computer or laptop right now? 

If so go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

And follow the directions. 

I can do some swapping around and get my graphics card back into my old PC, do you know any reason a Windows install could go bad? 

Million reasons - sometimes it just happens that's why I would download a fresh image on a usb for install. Just do a clean slate. That's the most likely reason. Do you have a friend who would just let you download onto a USB? Swapping around your graphics card just to download a windows installer sounds like a bad time :).