3080ti underperforming

mike3080ti

Hello all, thank you for reading this. I have upgraded from a 3070 to a 3080ti. I am currently playing on 1080p on warzone while i wait for my new monitor to play on higher resolution. My issue is that my 3080ti is averaging about 130 to 150fps on 1080p low settings which is terrible. My 3070 was getting that. According to gpuz my load is 40%. My cpu is a 10700k, msi z590 pro wifi mobo and a 1000w psu. i changed settings in my control panel in nvidia and changed pcie to gen 4 in the bios. Not sure what is going on, based off of many youtube benchmarks i should be getting more fps. I also ran timespy, my score was good in the 40% group. Nothing is oc on my system. thank you all for reading!!!

why are you playing  at 1080p/low?

I was getting ~170fps 1440p/high, with a 3070, you can try that as it should  put less load on the cpu…

Look up NvidiaDSR if you have a 1080p monitor.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

why are you playing  at 1080p/low?

I was getting ~170fps 1440p/high, with a 3070, you can try that as it should  put less load on the cpu…

Look up NvidiaDSR if you have a 1080p monitor.

New monitor hasn't arrived yet. thanks for the reply.

13 minutes ago, mike3080ti said:

Hello all, thank you for reading this. I have upgraded from a 3070 to a 3080ti. I am currently playing on 1080p on warzone while i wait for my new monitor to play on higher resolution. My issue is that my 3080ti is averaging about 130 to 150fps on 1080p low settings which is terrible. My 3070 was getting that. According to gpuz my load is 40%. My cpu is a 10700k, msi z590 pro wifi mobo and a 1000w psu. i changed settings in my control panel in nvidia and changed pcie to gen 4 in the bios. Not sure what is going on, based off of many youtube benchmarks i should be getting more fps. I also ran timespy, my score was good in the 40% group. Nothing is oc on my system. thank you all for reading!!!

don't think your CPU supports gen 4 pcie, not that this should be your problem. Sounds like CPU bottleneck, once you get to play at higher res the 3080ti should be unleashed.