Which OS is better for Gaming? Windows 7 or Windows 8?

I'm planning to build a PC and I need to choose which system. Also, does anyone know any place where I can ask people to build a PC/ give me specs in a budget? Thanks!

Thanks goodness nobody here voted windows 7. Win 8 has DX 11.2 (or whatever it is called) support which helps in some new games. Well what's your budget?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Windows 8 is better for gaming, and once you get the start menu back and shove metro under a rug, it's not too bad. 

You can post here for recommendations for a build http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

Just make sure you read this first http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Thanks goodness nobody here voted windows 7. Win 8 has DX 11.2 (or whatever it is called) support which helps in some new games. Well what's your budget?

My budget is around 900 to 1000$

My budget is around 900 to 1000$

you can get a decent system with that are you in America ?

Loves PC Games :D

you can get a decent system with that are you in America ?

nope :(

I'm no expert but i checked on amazon.com and you can get the following for a grand total of 950

AMD  fx 6300  $110

CM hyper  t4 $30

ASUS M5A99FX PRO $136

Kingston hyper x ram 8gb $65

Corsair CX Series 600 $65

Gigabyte GTX 770  $330

nzxt source 210 $50

WD blue 1tb hdd  $60

Windows 8.1$104

nope :(

is that not decent enough for gaming or does he need dual titan z's and a 4960X to enjoy games lol. 

is that not decent enough for gaming or does he need dual titan z's and a 4960X to enjoy games lol. 

Oh no. I love how you squeezed in a GTX Titan! Kudos to you man! 

Oh no. I love how you squeezed in a GTX Titan! Kudos to you man! 

But, for the CPU, how about a Core i5?

the primary focus of the build is gaming so i prolly would go as far as to get a 760k and cheaper am2+ mb and prolly go with a r9 290. the i5 really isn't necessary in this price range

But, for the CPU, how about a Core i5?

you are adding over $100 more to the cpu and probably the MB may increase as well. the build is already at 950 with the list i put

you are adding over $100 more to the cpu and probably the MB may increase as well. the build is already at 950 with the list i put

It's fine.

So, this is good enough for gaming right? Sorry, I don't know much about computers :/

It's fine.

So, this is good enough for gaming right? Sorry, I don't know much about computers :/

I don't know much either but for gaming i know that its better to put the extra 100 dollars into a gpu. I have a i5 3570k and my friend has an amd fx 6300  with the same gpu, and for the extra $100+ I'm not getting much more performance in games.

I'm planning to build a PC and I need to choose which system. Also, does anyone know any place where I can ask people to build a PC/ give me specs in a budget? Thanks!

for gaming this should give you an even better gaming experience than my current system which i definitely put more than 1000 dollars into lol.

I don't know much either but for gaming i know that its better to put the extra 100 dollars into a gpu. I have a i5 3570k and my friend has an amd fx 6300  with the same gpu, and for the extra $100+ I'm not getting much more performance in games.

So, you're saying I should get an i5?

So, you're saying I should get an i5?

what do you have now?

what do you have now?

Well you said 

"I don't know much either but for gaming i know that its better to put the extra 100 dollars into a gpu. I have a i5 3570k and my friend has an amd fx 6300  with the same gpu, and for the extra $100+ I'm not getting much more performance in games."

So should I get an i5? I think I have enough money to squeeze in one.

Well you said 

"I don't know much either but for gaming i know that its better to put the extra 100 dollars into a gpu. I have a i5 3570k and my friend has an amd fx 6300  with the same gpu, and for the extra $100+ I'm not getting much more performance in games."

So should I get an i5? I think I have enough money to squeeze in one.

as long as you have the extra money then it's usually better to go with the better hardware but you may want to think about your use case. if the extra money spent on the cpu will determine the gpu then definitely get the better value oriented part and a better gpu like i said before.

as long as you have the extra money then it's usually better to go with the better hardware but you may want to think about your use case. if the extra money spent on the cpu will determine the gpu then definitely get the better value oriented part and a better gpu like i said before.

Oh, can I add you on Steam? My steam name is BghMc

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bghmc

From the games you play, I'd reccomend a 6300 & an R9 280(nonX) anything extra is gravy.

I'd up the GPU first, then the CPU if there is bottleneck (there shouldn't be, at least up until an R9-290 level GPU)

here's My order of priority:

Graphics Card

CPU

RAM

Power Supply

Motherboard

Hard Drive

Case

Optical Disk

As for the OS? windows 8 has a bit better optimization with multicore CPUs than windows 7, and after you get your start menu back (ex classic shell) it's quite usable.

From the games you play, I'd reccomend a 6300 & an R9 280(nonX) anything extra is gravy.

I'd up the GPU first, then the CPU if there is bottleneck (there shouldn't be, at least up until an R9-290 level GPU)

here's My order of priority:

Graphics Card

CPU

RAM

Power Supply

Motherboard

Hard Drive

Case

Optical Disk

As for the OS? windows 8 has a bit better optimization with multicore CPUs than windows 7, and after you get your start menu back (ex classic shell) it's quite usable.

Why is the optical disk there   :mellow:

Why is the optical disk there   :mellow:

it's useful for some things, but It's at the bottom of the list.

it's useful for some things, but It's at the bottom of the list.

you're dead to me -_-