Single channel vs dual channel RAM? HELP

So ive order the parts for my new pc (so stoked!) and i went with 1 x 8gb of corsair 1600 vengeance memory, the idea being that i could just get another 8gb stick and chuck it on no problem (as i initially wanted 16gb but you know dem prices). But i heard that sometimes installing separate kits such as two sets of 1x8 will not work, even if they're almost identical? Is this true or just bullcrap?

New PC Specs:
-i7 4770k

-MSI Z87 - G43

-120GB SSD

-Phantom 410
-GTX 770
-Corsiar CX-M600w
-1x8gb Corsair 1600 Vengeance RAM

Either a H100i or H80i in the near future for an overclock to about 4.4ghz :)

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

It's a bit of a crapshoot, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. The only way to be SURE is to use a 2x8GB kit since those would be rated together. Most of the time you should be good if you have the same model RAM though. So I would say get another 1x8 vengeance. Don't mix brands or anything like that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

they will work together if they are the same speed voltage and size

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

It's a bit of a crapshoot, sometimes they do sometimes they don't. The only way to be SURE is to use a 2x8GB kit since those would be rated together. Most of the time you should be good if you have the same model RAM though. So I would say get another 1x8 vengeance. Don't mix brands or anything like that.

Brands mixing with the same timing and capacity + clockspeeds is fine.

they will work together if they are the same speed voltage and size

yep thats all i needed to know, yeah was gonna get the exact same ram. thanks guys :)

CPU: i7 4770k  Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 SSD: ADATA 250GB PNY 120gb HDD:2xSeagate 2TB (One is an external HDD) GPU: RTX 2070 Super RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 PSU:Corsair CX-M600w Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Brands mixing with the same timing and capacity + clockspeeds is fine.

I recall someone having trouble with that in the past though. Might have been something one-off but just in general I'd still make it a practice to stick with identical kits.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I recall someone having trouble with that in the past though. Might have been something one-off but just in general I'd still make it a practice to stick with identical kits.

yeah gonna go with identical sticks just to be on the safe side, cheers guys