Powered USB hub for Drop CTRL

Hi!

Recently, I noticed that when I was launching some intensive games/applications, such as AC Valhalla and Cinebench, the LEDs on my Drop CTRL either dim or turn off completely. This also happens with non-intensive games such as Minecraft or Valorant. I looked into it, and this seems to be a reoccurring problem for many Drop CTRL/ALT users. I know that using a power USB hub will fix this problem (hopefully) so I just want some recommendations for what one to get. Preferably sub $25 USD. All this will do is power by CTRL, so no need for more than one port. Also, I will be using a custom cable with this setup, so I want to make sure that it can supply that too. The cable is 3FT long, plus the USB hub. I would like the whole system to be kept under 9 ft if possible, so the USB hub should not have more that a 6ft cable. Thanks for any suggestions!

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

Im using the 7 port version (USB2) of this one for keyboard and mouse.
I dont think it comes with an adapter (for power) but it has an input and needs 5V and some Amps.
Its about the cheapest ive found thats useful, but if you're willing to spend more there might surely be better ones.

https://www.amazon.com/MeiBoAll-Switches-Splitter-Connecting-Computer/dp/B07SM4PR6W/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=usb+powered+hub&qid=1622902005&sr=8-2

ps. the cable attached is like 30cm / 1 foot long

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Im using the 7 port version (USB2) of this one for keyboard and mouse.
I dont think it comes with an adapter (for power) but it has an input and needs 5V and some Amps.
Its about the cheapest ive found thats useful, but if you're willing to spend more there might surely be better ones.

https://www.amazon.com/MeiBoAll-Switches-Splitter-Connecting-Computer/dp/B07SM4PR6W/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=usb+powered+hub&qid=1622902005&sr=8-2

ps. the cable attached is like 30cm / 1 foot long

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, I think that I need the extra power for the keyboard to work properly. 😞 

I was looking at these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/USB-Hub-Charging-Individual-Switches/dp/B00VK9C24M

https://www.amazon.com/RSHTECH-Charging-Individual-Switches-A35-Black/dp/B07RM16NN9

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

-> Moved to Peripherals

Literally anything. Like my powered USB3 hub is from LC-Power.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv