GPU clearance in a HP elitedesk 705 G2

MigasTigas
Go to solution Solved by Haraikomono,

I think it depends solely on the model of the elitedesk.

Than line offers different variants from tiny to small form factor pcs up to "normal size"

I think the best approach would be to just take a measurement tape, and do it manually, since it will give you and idea what kind of gpu will fit easily and which might give you trouble installing it.

So a friend of mine bought a HP elitedesk 705 G2 and wants to upgrade the GPU, he has a GT710 but wanted to put something better and affordable. But we can't find the clearance that the case has for GPUs, if any

If you have one of these or know the dimensions the GPU can have care to share?

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

Than line offers different variants from tiny to small form factor pcs up to "normal size"

I think the best approach would be to just take a measurement tape, and do it manually, since it will give you and idea what kind of gpu will fit easily and which might give you trouble installing it.

Just now, Haraikomono said:

Yeah seems the best approach, thanks!

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)