Mouse cursor freezing/sticking

likeaboz2002

Just like the title says, my mouse cursor is being weird and sticking/freezing at random times. I've noticed it happen occasionally during the last couple months with my razer deathadder, but I recently switched to a Corsair harpoon mouse and the same thing keeps happening, just slightly more frequently. Sometimes it'll be a momentary stick, and sometimes the cursor will freeze for a solid couple seconds. It happens mostly when doing large mouse movements, doing small precise movements doesn't seem to stick. It doesn't appear to be related to system usage, as it happens even when nothings open, and task manager doesn't show any CPU/GPU usage spikes. The rest of the system doesn't freeze up, only the cursor. I've done malware scans and nothing pops up, and I've tried changing some of the windows settings to no avail. Reinstalling drivers also didn't fix it. Any ideas?

4 minutes ago, likeaboz2002 said:

Just like the title says, my mouse cursor is being weird and sticking/freezing at random times. I've noticed it happen occasionally during the last couple months with my razer deathadder, but I recently switched to a Corsair harpoon mouse and the same thing keeps happening, just slightly more frequently. Sometimes it'll be a momentary stick, and sometimes the cursor will freeze for a solid couple seconds. It happens mostly when doing large mouse movements, doing small precise movements doesn't seem to stick. It doesn't appear to be related to system usage, as it happens even when nothings open, and task manager doesn't show any CPU/GPU usage spikes. The rest of the system doesn't freeze up, only the cursor. I've done malware scans and nothing pops up, and I've tried changing some of the windows settings to no avail. Reinstalling drivers also didn't fix it. Any ideas?

are these wireless mice? do you have multiple wireless mice in close proximity? (5ft)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

are these wireless mice? do you have multiple wireless mice in close proximity? (5ft)

razer mouse was wired, the new corsair mouse is wireless. The closest wireless mouse is on the floor below me through several walls

45 minutes ago, likeaboz2002 said:

razer mouse was wired, the new corsair mouse is wireless. The closest wireless mouse is on the floor below me through several walls

damn. i've been having issues too, but i figured it was because my desk is flooded with all bands of 2.4GHz

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones.